and i want to move from this country name -Italy and stand no. so what to do?
How to copy rows if column contains specific text/value in Excel?
Supposing you want to find out cells containing specific text or value in a column, and then copy the entire row where the found cell is in, how could you deal with it? Here I will introduce a couple of methods to find if column contains specific text or value and then copy the entire row in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
This method will guide you to find out cells which contain specific text or value in a specified column firstly with the Filter command, and then you can easily copy the filtered rows in Excel.
Step 1: Select the column which you will filter, and then click the Data > Filter.
Step 2: Click the arrow button at right side of first cell of selected column, and then click the Text Filters > Contains from the drop down list.
Step 3: In the popping up Custom AutoFilter dialog box, enter specific text or value into the box behind the contains box, and click the OK button. See screenshot above:
Step 4: Now select all filtered out rows, and copy them with pressing Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
Step 5: Select a blank row or cell, and paste the filtered row with pressing Ctrl + V keys at the same time.
Normally we can find cells containing specific text or value with Find command (Ctrl + F) easily, but it cannot select the entire row. However, Kutools for Excel's Select Special Cells feature can not only help us find out cells with specific text or value, but also select the whole rows that the found cells are in.
Step 1: Select the columns where you will find out cells containing specific text or value.
Step 2: Click the Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells.
Step 3: In the Select Specific Cells dialog box (see screenshot above),
(1) Check the Entire row option in the Selection type section;
(2) In the Specific type section, click the first box and select the Contains from the drop down list, then type specific text or value into the following box (see screen shot below);
(3) Click the Ok button.
Step 4: Then another Select Specific Cells dialog box comes out. Click the OK button to close it.
All cells containing specific text or value in the selected columns are found out, and all rows with the selected cells are selected at once.
Step 5: Press Ctrl + C keys in a meanwhile to copy these rows.
Step 6: Select a blank row or cell, and paste these rows with pressing Ctrl + V keys in a meantime.
Kutools for Excel's Compare Ranges utility provides another workaround to copy rows if a column contains specific text/values of another column in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Click Kutools > Select > Select Same & Different Cells.
2. In the opening Select Same & Different Cells dialog box, please do as follows:
(1) Specify the column you will check if contains specific text/value in the Find values in box;
(2) Specify the column contains the specific text/value in the According to box;
Note: Please check the My data has headers options based on your situation.
(3) Check the Same Values option in the Find section;
(4) Check the Select entire rows option.
(5) Click the Ok button to apply this utility.
3. Then another Compare Ranges dialog box comes out and shows how many rows have been selected. Please click the OK button to close it. See left screenshot:
4. And then copy these selected rows with pressing the Ctrl + C keys at the same time, and then paste in the destination range as you need.
Kutools for Excel supports another workaround that copy entire rows to new worksheets if the specified column contains certain text/value by its Split Data utility. You can do as follows:
1. Select the range where you will copy rows to new sheets if column contains specified text/value, and click Enterprise > Split Data.
2. In the opening Split Data into Multiple Worksheets dialog box, please check the Specific column option and select the column name which you will copy rows based on from below drop down list; specify the rule of naming new sheets, and click the Ok button. See left screenshot:
And then you will see the entire rows in the selected range have been copied into new worksheets if the specified column contains certain text/value. See screenshot: