How to copy cells if column contains specific value/text in Excel?
Supposing you have a long list of data, and now you want to find out and copy cells containing specific value or text in Excel, how to quickly get it done? Here we provide you with three methods to copy cells if column contains specific value or text in Excel at ease.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The Filter command can help us filter out cells meeting specific criteria in a column easily, therefore we can copy these specific cells easily in Excel.
1. Select the column you will copy cells if column contains specific value or text, and then click the Data > Filter.
2. Now click the arrow in the left side of first cell of the selected column, and then click the Text Filters > Contains from the drop down list.
3. In the opening Custom AutoFilter dialog box, enter the specific text into the box behind the contains box, and click the OK button.
Now all cells containing the specific text are filtered out at once.
4. Select all filtered out cells in the specific column, and copy them with pressing the Ctrl + C keys at the same time.
5. Select a blank cell and paste these cells with pressing the Ctrl + V at the same time.
This method will guide you to find out all cells containing specific value or text with Find command, and then copy all found cells easily.
1. Select the column you will copy cells if column contains specific value or text.
2. Open the Find and Replace dialog box with pressing the Ctrl + F keys in a meanwhile, then in the Find and Replace dialog enter the specific text into the Find what box, and click the Find All button.
Note: You can also open the Find and Replace dialog box with clicking Home > Find & Select > Find.
Then all cells containing the specific cells in the specific column are found out and listed at the bottom of Find and Replace dialog box.
3. Select all found cells with pressing the Ctrl + A keys, and close the Find and Replace dialog. Now all cells containing the specific text are selected in the specific column.
4. Copy all selected cell with pressing the Ctrl + C keys, and then select a blank cell and paste them with pressing the Ctrl + A keys.
1. Select the specified column, and click Kutools > Select > Select Special Cells.
2. In the opening Select Special Cells dialog box,
(1) In the Selection type section, check Cell option;
(2) In the Specific type section, click the first box and select Contains from drop down list, and then type the specified text (in our case type sum) into the following box;
(3) Click the Ok button. Then the second Select Specific Cells comes out to show how many cells are selected. Click the OK button to close it.
3. Now cells containing specific value/text are selected. Press Ctrl + C keys to copy them; select the cell that you will paste the cells to, and press the Ctrl + V keys.