To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoHi erin,
Methods in this article can help you. Please have a try: https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/2400-excel-drop-down-list-auto-populate.html
How to sumif adjacent cell is equal, blank or containing text in Excel?
While using Microsoft Excel, you may need to sum values where the adjacent cell equals a criterion in a certain range, or sum the values where the adjacent cell is blank or containing text. In this tutorial, we will provide you with formulas to deal with these problems.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
As below screenshot shows, you need to sum all prices of the Beef. Please do as follows.
1. Specify a cell for displaying the result.
2. Copy and paste the formula =SUM(IF(A4:E10=A13, B4:F10, 0)) into the Formula Bar, and then press Ctrl + Shift +Enter keys simultaneously to get the result.
Note: In the formula, A4:E10 is the data range which contains the specific criteria you need, A13 is the criteria that you want to sum the cells based on, and B4:F10 is the range which has the values you want to sum. . Please change the range based on your own data.
For example, you have a range A2:B7 and you just need to sum the values where the adjacent cells are blank. See screenshot below. You need to do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell to display the result. Copy and paste the formula =SUM(IF(ISBLANK(B2:B7),A2:A7,0)) (B2:B7 is the data range which contains the blank cells, and A2:A7 is the data you want to sum) into the Formula Bar, then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys at the same time to get the result.
Then you can see all values where the adjacent cells are blank are summed and displayed in the specified cell.
The above method helps you sum values where the adjacent cell is blank in a certain range. In this section, you will learn how to sum values where the adjacent cells contain texts in Excel.
Just use the same example as above method shown.
1. Select a blank cell, copy and paste the formula =SUMIF(B2:B7,"<>"&"",A2:A7) ( B2:B7 is the data range which contains the text cells, and A2:A7 is the data you want to sum) into the Formula Bar, then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys.
You will see all values where the adjacent cells contain texts are summed and displayed in the selected cell.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoHello I am trying to set up a pricing list. I have used a dropdown list for the selected products. How do I make excel input a price based on the choice of the text in the dropdown list.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI am trying to get a return value of "yes" if A1:A7 contains any text. What formulas can I use?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoDear all.
I would like to use the SUMIF function in the following way:
-Sum range is 1:1
-Criteria Range is 2:2
-Criteria is "jorge"
However, I would like the function o work a little bit different. If "jorge" is found on B2, I would like A1 to be sum instead of A2.
I tried =SUMIF(1:1,OFFSET(2:2,,1),"jorge") but excel does not accept such criteria range argument.
How to get it working?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI am looking to create a budget spreadsheet. My goal is to plug in my daily expenses, with the category in one cell and the amount in the cell beneath. As far as my spending goes, I have no problem calculating. However, I am struggling with a formula to create a running tally of each category. Can you help?