How to apply template to existing chart/workbook in Excel?
Supposing there is a scatter chart template in which scatters are marked by icons and horizontal axis shows in the format of "m/d", now how could we apply this scatter chart template to other existing scatter charts in Excel? And what if apply an Excel template to an existing workbook quickly? In this article, we are talking about how to apply templates to existing chart or workbook in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following steps will guide you to apply a chart template to an existing chart in Excel easily.
Step 1: Right click the existing chart, and select the Change Chart Type from the drop down list.
Step 2: In the opening Change Chart Type dialog box, click the Templates in the left bar, and select the chart template you want to apply.
Step 3: Click the OK button to close the dialog.
Then you will see the plain scatter chart is changed to the style of specified scatter chart template at once.
Strictly speaking, once a workbook is created, it's impossible to apply Excel template to it any more. However, we can copy the worksheets of Excel template to the existing workbook easily. And the following steps will explain how to get it done:
Step 1: Open the existing workbook you will apply specific Excel template to.
Step 2: Apply the specific Excel template:
- In Excel 2007 and 2010, click the File > New > My Templates, then in the New dialog box select the specific Excel template and click the OK button.
- In Excel 2013, click the File > New > Personal, and then select the specific Excel template.
Step 3: In the new created workbook, select the worksheet with the Excel template content, right click and select the Move or Copy from the right-clicking menu.
Step 4: In the Move or Copy dialog box, click the To book box and select the existing workbook you will apply the Excel template to, check the Create a copy option, and click the OK.
Now the worksheet with template content are copied and moved into the existing workbook immediately.
Step 5: Save the existing workbook, and close the new workbook without saving.