How to apply template to existing chart/workbook in Excel?
Supposing there is a scatter chart template in which scatters are marked by icons and horizontal axis shows in the format of "m/d", now how could we apply this scatter chart template to other existing scatter charts in Excel? And what if apply an Excel template to an existing workbook quickly? In this article, we are talking about how to apply templates to existing chart or workbook in Excel.
Apply template to existing chart in Excel
The following steps will guide you to apply a chart template to an existing chart in Excel easily.
Step 1: Right click the existing chart, and select the Change Chart Type from the drop down list.
Step 2: In the opening Change Chart Type dialog box, click the Templates in the left bar, and select the chart template you want to apply.
Step 3: Click the OK button to close the dialog.
Then you will see the plain scatter chart is changed to the style of specified scatter chart template at once.
Automatically open certain workbooks when starting Excel Program
Kutools for Excel’s Auto Open Those Workbooks Next Time can open some certain workbooks automatically when you start Microsoft Excel program. When creating a new workbook, these workbooks will cover the new one; while opening an existing workbook, these workbooks will be opened with the existing one.
Full Feature Free Trial
Kutools for Excel - Includes more than
300 handy tools for Excel. Full feature free trial
30-day, no credit card required! Get It Now
Apply template to existing workbook in Excel
Strictly speaking, once a workbook is created, it's impossible to apply Excel template to it any more. However, we can copy the worksheets of Excel template to the existing workbook easily. And the following steps will explain how to get it done:
Step 1: Open the existing workbook you will apply specific Excel template to.
Step 2: Apply the specific Excel template:
- In Excel 2007 and 2010, click the File > New > My Templates, then in the New dialog box select the specific Excel template and click the OK button.
- In Excel 2013, click the File > New > Personal, and then select the specific Excel template.
Step 3: In the new created workbook, select the worksheet with the Excel template content, right click and select the Move or Copy from the right-clicking menu.
Step 4: In the Move or Copy dialog box, click the To book box and select the existing workbook you will apply the Excel template to, check the Create a copy option, and click the OK.
Now the worksheet with template content are copied and moved into the existing workbook immediately.
Step 5: Save the existing workbook, and close the new workbook without saving.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!