Supposing we have a sale volume table with planning and actual volumes of every day. Now we are required to count occurred dates before today and calculate the total planning volumes before today in order to dynamically compare the planning volumes and actual volumes. Here I will apply the SUMIF function to get it done in Excel quickly.
To sum sale volumes if they occurred before today in Excel, we can get it done with the SUMIF function easily as following:
Find a blank cell (in our case, we select the Cell B21), enter the formula =SUMIF($A$2:$A$20,"<"&TODAY(),B2:B20) and press the Enter key.
(1) In the formula of =SUMIF($A$2:$A$20,"<"&TODAY(),B2:B20), the $A$2:$A$20 is the date column where you will check if the sale volumes are before or less than today, the B2:B20 is the planning volume column where you will sum, and you can change them based on your needs.
(2) If you want to sum sale volumes if they are greater than today, you can apply the formula =SUMIF($A$2:$A$20,">"&TODAY(),B2:B20), and to sum sale volumes if they are no less than today, you can apply the formula =SUMIF($A$2:$A$20,">="&TODAY(),B2:B20).
If date is before or after today, select/highlight/copy/delete entire rows in Excel
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Select Special Cells utility to quickly select the entire row if a date if before or after today, and then easily highlight, copy, or delete these entire rows with ease in Excel.
Full Feature Free Trial
Kutools for Excel - Includes more than
300 handy tools for Excel. Full feature free trial
30-day, no credit card required! Get It Now
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!