I have tried this code and it worked successfully.
My question is How could i do the same using Ms Access for bigger data could i get a query works the same or not ?
Thank you so much .
Supposing you have a range of data in Excel, now, you would like to transpose the duplicate rows to multiple columns as following screenshot shown, do you have any good ideas to solve this task?
Unfortunately, there is no direct way for you to deal with it in Excel, but you can create a VBA code to solve it, please do as follows:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Transpose duplicate rows to multiple columns
Sub ConvertTable() 'Updateby Extendoffice Dim xArr1 As Variant Dim xArr2 As Variant Dim InputRng As Range, OutRng As Range Dim xRows As Long xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set InputRng = Application.Selection Set InputRng = Application.InputBox("Range :", xTitleId, InputRng.Address, Type:=8) Set OutRng = Application.InputBox("Out put to (single cell):", xTitleId, Type:=8) Set OutRng = OutRng.Range("A1") xArr1 = InputRng.Value t = UBound(xArr1, 2): xRows = 1 With CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") .CompareMode = 1 For i = 2 To UBound(xArr1, 1) If Not .exists(xArr1(i, 1)) Then xRows = xRows + 1: .Item(xArr1(i, 1)) = VBA.Array(xRows, t) For ii = 1 To t xArr1(xRows, ii) = xArr1(i, ii) Next Else xArr2 = .Item(xArr1(i, 1)) If UBound(xArr1, 2) < xArr2(1) + t - 1 Then ReDim Preserve xArr1(1 To UBound(xArr1, 1), 1 To xArr2(1) + t - 1) For ii = 2 To t xArr1(1, xArr2(1) + ii - 1) = xArr1(1, ii) Next End If For ii = 2 To t xArr1(xArr2(0), xArr2(1) + ii - 1) = xArr1(i, ii) Next xArr2(1) = xArr2(1) + t - 1: .Item(xArr1(i, 1)) = xArr2 End If Next End With OutRng.Resize(xRows, UBound(xArr1, 2)).Value = xArr1 End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, select the data range that you want to convert the duplicate rows to multiple columns in the popped out dialog, see screenshot:
4. Click OK, and select one cell where you want to put the result in the following dialog box, see screenshot:
5. And then click OK button, your selected data has been converted to follows: