How to set paste values as default paste when using Ctrl + V in Excel?
Normally, in Excel, when you copy data from one range or worksheet and paste with Ctrl + V to another, the formatting will be pasted as well by default. But, sometimes, you just want to paste as values without any formatting when you paste the data. Here, I can introduce you an easy method to set the paste values only as default paste when you using Ctrl + V in Excel.
When you paste the data as values only, you need to click the little square at the corner of your selection and choose Values option each time after pasting the data. The following VBA code can help you to change the default paste to paste values.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Set paste values as default paste when using Ctrl + V
Sub PasteasValue() Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues End Sub
3. Then save and close the code, and press Alt + F8 keys to open the Macro dialog box.
4. In the Macro dialog, choose the used macro name PasteasValue and then click Options button, see screenshot:
5. Then in the Macro Options dialog box, under the Shortcut key section, please enter v , see screenshot:
6. And then click OK to close the Macro Options dialog, and go on closing the Macro dialog.
And now, when you paste the data with Ctrl + V, the data will be pasted as values by default.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!