How to reset last cell in Excel?
In sometimes, you may want to remove the blank rows and columns and reset the last cell of your worksheet for saving paper when printing. Here this tutorial introduces some tricks for last cell resetting in Excel.
Select Last Cells
|Kutools' Select Last Cells function can quickly help you to select the last cell or the last column or last row.|
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
In Excel, there is no utility can help you reset last cell. But you can find the last cell of the worksheet, then remove the rows and columns you needn’t.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
1. Press Ctrl + End keys to find the last cell of the worksheet. See screenshot:
2. Then press Ctrl key to select the range cells you do not want to be printed.
3. Then click Home > Clear > Clear All. See screenshot:
4. Save current workbook with clicking File (or Office Button) > Save.
5. Then you can press Ctrl + End to check the last cell.
If you are familiar with VBA code, I will tell you a VBA code which can quickly reset the last cell of the current worksheet.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously, and a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window pops.
2. Click Insert > Module, then paste below VBA code to the popping Module window.
VBA: Reset last cell.
Sub ResetLastCell() ActiveSheet.UsedRange End Sub
3. Click F5 key or the Run button, then the last cell is reset.
Note: This VBA code cannot work when the blank cells are with cell formats.
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Click here to know Auto Text Click here to get free trial
Delete Blank Rows
|Kutools for Excel's Delete Blank Rows utility can quickly remove blank rows from selection, current sheet, select sheets or the entire workbook as you need.|