How to create data entry form in Excel?
This tutorial is talking about creating the data entry in Excel. If you are interested in the data entry form, please read the below detail steps.
Create data entry form
Create data entry form
To create an entry form, you need to create a form headers first.
1. Enable a worksheet, and type the form headers into the cells as you need. See screenshot:
2. Then select these headers, and click Insert > Table, then in the Create Table dialog, check My table has headers, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then click File > Options (or Office Button > Excel Options) to open the Excel Options dialog, and click Customize Ribbon tab (or Customize tab), then select All Commands from Choose commands from list, then select Form in the long list. See screenshot:
Note: Excel 2007 does not support customizing the Ribbon, but you can add the Form command into the Quick Access Toolbar with clicking the Add button directly and then skip to the Step 7.
4. Then click New Tab to add a new tab in the Main Tabs list. See screenshot:
5. Click the New Group (Custom), and click Rename to rename it in the popping dialog. See screenshot:
6. Click OK to close the Rename dialog, and then click Add to add the Form command to the Entry Form group. See screenshot:
| Kutools for Excel, with more than 300+ handy Excel functions, enhance working efficiency and save working time. |
7. Click OK to close Excel Options dialog. Then go to New Tab, and click Form. See screenshot:
Note: If the Form command is added into the Quick Access Toolbar, you can find it above the Ribbon. See below screen shot:
8. Then a dialog pops out, and enter the information into the text boxes. See screenshot:
If you want to add new data click New, and if you want to rewrite the information click Restore, if you want to finish then data entering, click Close.
And you can see the information you type in the dialog will be added to the table.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!