How to create data entry form in Excel?
This tutorial is talking about creating the data entry in Excel. If you are interested in the data entry form, please read the below detail steps.
To create an entry form, you need to create a form headers first.
1. Enable a worksheet, and type the form headers into the cells as you need. See screenshot:
2. Then select these headers, and click Insert > Table, then in the Create Table dialog, check My table has headers, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then click File > Options (or Office Button > Excel Options) to open the Excel Options dialog, and click Customize Ribbon tab (or Customize tab), then select All Commands from Choose commands from list, then select Form in the long list. See screenshot:
Note: Excel 2007 does not support customizing the Ribbon, but you can add the Form command into the Quick Access Toolbar with clicking the Add button directly and then skip to the Step 7.
4. Then click New Tab to add a new tab in the Main Tabs list. See screenshot:
5. Click the New Group (Custom), and click Rename to rename it in the popping dialog. See screenshot:
6. Click OK to close the Rename dialog, and then click Add to add the Form command to the Entry Form group. See screenshot:
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300+ handy Excel functions, enhance working efficiency and save working time.|
7. Click OK to close Excel Options dialog. Then go to New Tab, and click Form. See screenshot:
Note: If the Form command is added into the Quick Access Toolbar, you can find it above the Ribbon. See below screen shot:
8. Then a dialog pops out, and enter the information into the text boxes. See screenshot:
If you want to add new data click New, and if you want to rewrite the information click Restore, if you want to finish then data entering, click Close.
And you can see the information you type in the dialog will be added to the table.
quickly convert or export a range of a sheet to separate XLS/Word/PDF or other format files in once time
|Normally, Excel does not support you with an option to quickly export or save a range as a CSV or Excel file. If you want to save a range of data as a CSV or workbook in Excel, you may need to use a VBA Macro for doing this or to copy the range to clipboard and paste it in a new workbook and then save the workbook as CSV or Workbook. Kutools for Excel augments Excel with Export Range to File utility for Excel users who want to quickly process the following operations： Click for 30-day full featured free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|