How to create and insert an Auto Text entry in Excel?
For some content you frequently used in Excel, you may need to save them as auto texts for future use. But in Excel, you can only use the AutoCorrect function to save the frequently used content as there is no quick path for you to achieve this. In this article, we will show you how to use the AutoCorrect function to save the frequently used content. Besides, you will get to know a real AutoText tool for Excel.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
In this section, we will show you how to use the AutoText function in Excel to save the frequently used content in Excel.
1. In Excel 2010 and 2013, please click File > Options.
In Excel 2007, click the Office button > Excel Options. See screenshot:
2. In the Excel Options (Options) dialog box, click Proofing in the left bar, then click the AutoCorrect Options button.
3. In the AutoCorrect dialog box, and under the AutoCorrect tab, please do as follows.
1). In the Replace box, type in the simple word or symbol you want to directly type in Excel;
2). In the With dialog box, type in the whole content which you want the simple content to be replaced with;
3). Click the Add button.
4). Click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. When it returns to the Excel Options (Options) dialog box, click the OK button.
5. From now on, when you type the simple content into the cell and press the Enter key, the whole content you have typed in the With box above will automatically populate the cell.
For easily adding ranges, formulas, charts, pictures and clip arts as auto text, here we introduce you the AutoText utility of Kutools for Excel. You can easily save the selected content as auto text, and then insert it into Excel with just one click.
1. Please enable the AutoText utility with clicking Kutools > Insert > AutoText. See screenshot:
2. Select what you want to create as an auto text in the worksheet, for example, the range, chart, formula and so on, and then click the New AutoText button.
Note: The AutoText utility of Kutools for Excel allows you to create charts, clip arts, formulas and pictures as Auto Text in Excel.
3. In the New AutoText dialog box, name the new auto text entry, select an auto text group for placing it, and then click the Add button.
4. Now the auto text entry was created, in the AutoText pane, click to open the auto text group, and then just click the auto text entry for inserting.