How to create and insert an Auto Text entry in Excel?
For some content you frequently used in Excel, you may need to save them as auto texts for future use. But in Excel, you can only use the AutoCorrect function to save the frequently used content as there is no quick path for you to achieve this. In this article, we will show you how to use the AutoCorrect function to save the frequently used content. Besides, you will get to know a real AutoText tool for Excel.
In this section, we will show you how to use the AutoText function in Excel to save the frequently used content in Excel.
1. In Excel 2010 or the later versions, please click File > Options.
In Excel 2007, click the Office button > Excel Options. See screenshot:
2. In the Excel Options (Options) dialog box, click Proofing in the left bar, then click the AutoCorrect Options button.
3. In the AutoCorrect dialog box, and under the AutoCorrect tab, please do as follows.
4. When it returns to the Excel Options (Options) dialog box, click the OK button.
5. From now on, when you type the simple content into the cell and press the Enter key, the whole content you have typed in the With box above will automatically populate the cell.
For easily adding ranges, formulas, charts, pictures and clip arts as auto text, here we introduce you the AutoText utility of Kutools for Excel. You can easily save the selected content as auto text, and then insert it into Excel with just one click.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Please enable the AutoText utility with clicking Kutools > Insert > AutoText. See screenshot:
2. Select what you want to create as an auto text in the worksheet, for example, the range, chart, formula and so on, and then click the Add selected content to Auto Text button.
Note: The AutoText utility of Kutools for Excel allows you to create charts, clip arts, formulas and pictures as Auto Text in Excel.
3. In the New AutoText dialog box, name the new auto text entry, select an auto text group for locating it, and then click the Add button.
4. Now the auto text entry was created, in the AutoText pane, click to open the auto text group, and then just click the auto text entry to insert it into worksheet.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!