How to add all borders to cells with shortcuts in Excel?
As you know, borders are not added for cells in Excel by default. Sometimes, you may want to apply borders to cells to make them outstanding. Here I will introduce some shortcuts to add or remove all borders, as well as the Border command to apply borders in Excel.
- Add or remove all borders with shortcuts in Excel
- Add all borders to cells with Border command in Excel
Add all outside borders with shortcuts of Ctrl + Shift + &: Select the cells you want to add all outside borders, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + & keys at the same time, now you will see the outside borders are added for selected cells immediately.
Add all borders with shortcut of Alt – H – B – A: Select the range you want to add all borders, and then press Alt, H, B, A keys one by one. See screenshot:
Remove all borders with shortcuts of Ctrl + Shift + _: Select the range you want to clear all borders, and press the Ctrl + Shift + _ keys simultaneously, then you will see all borders are removed from selected range.
In addition to hotkeys, we can also apply the Border command to add all borders to selected cells easily in Excel.
1. Select the cells you want to add all borders in Excel.
2. Go to the Home tab, and then click the Border > All Borders. See screen shot:
Then you will see all borders are added to selected cells at once.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!