How to link a cell to chart title/text box in Excel?
Inserting a chart to show the data vividly is usually used in Excel, and giving the chart a chart name can let users quickly and obviously know what is the chart about. And sometimes, you may want to link a cell to the chart title which can automatically change the chart title as the cell contents change. Here this tutorial will tell you the method to link a cell to the chart title.
Navigation--AutoText (add usually used charts to AutoText pane, only one click when you need to insert it in any sheets .)
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Actually, to link a cell to the chart title is very easy, please do as steps.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
1. Click at the chart to enable Chart Tools in the ribbon, then click Layout > Chart Title, and select the location you need the chart title show, such as Above Chart. See screenshot:
In Excel 2013, click Design > Add Chart Element > Chart Title, and select the location you need the chart title show, such as Above Chart.
2. Then you can see a textbox appear in the chart, click Format tab, and select Chart Title from the drop down list in the Current Selection group. See screenshot:
Note: You can also click to select the chart title in the Chart directly.
3. Go to the formula bar, and type the equal sign = into the formula bar, then select the cell you want to link to the chart title. See screenshot:
4. Press Enter key. Then you can see the selected cell is linked to chart title.
Now when the cell A1 changes its contents, the chart title will automatically change.
Tip: If you want to link a cell to a text box, you just need to select the text box, and then type equal sign = in the formula bar, then select a cell to link. See screenshots: