How to link a cell to chart title/text box in Excel?
Inserting a chart to show the data vividly is usually used in Excel, and giving the chart a chart name can let users quickly and obviously know what is the chart about. And sometimes, you may want to link a cell to the chart title which can automatically change the chart title as the cell contents change. Here this tutorial will tell you the method to link a cell to the chart title.
Link a cell to chart title
Link a cell to chart title
Actually, to link a cell to the chart title is very easy, please do as steps.
1. Click at the chart to enable Chart Tools in the ribbon, then click Layout > Chart Title, and select the location you need the chart title show, such as Above Chart. See screenshot:
In Excel 2013, click Design > Add Chart Element > Chart Title, and select the location you need the chart title show, such as Above Chart.
2. Then you can see a textbox appear in the chart, click Format tab, and select Chart Title from the drop down list in the Current Selection group. See screenshot:
Note: You can also click to select the chart title in the Chart directly.
3. Go to the formula bar, and type the equal sign = into the formula bar, then select the cell you want to link to the chart title. See screenshot:
4. Press Enter key. Then you can see the selected cell is linked to chart title.
Now when the cell A1 changes its contents, the chart title will automatically change.
Tip: If you want to link a cell to a text box, you just need to select the text box, and then type equal sign = in the formula bar, then select a cell to link. See screenshots:
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!