How to extract or get the year, month and day from date list in Excel?
For a date list, do you know how to extract or get the year, month and day number? See screenshot below. In this article, we will show you formulas of getting year, month and day number separately from a date list in Excel.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save
70% of your time and solve
80% Excel problems for you.
300+ advanced features designed for
1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Extract/get the year, month and day from date list in Excel
Take below date list as an example, if you want to get the year, month and day numbers from this list, please do as follows step by step.
Extract the year number
1. Select a blank cell for locating the year number, such as cell B2.
2. Copy and paste formula =YEAR(A2) into the Formula Bar, then press Enter key. Drag the Fill Handle down to the range you need to get all year number from the list.
Extract the month number
This section shows you the formula of getting the month number from the list.
1. Select a blank cell, copy and paste formula =MONTH(A2) into the Formula Bar and press the Enter key.
2. Drag the Fill Handle down to the range you need.
Then you will get the month numbers of the date list.
Extract the day number
The getting day number formula is as simple as the formulas above. Please do as follows.
Copy and paste formula =DAY(A2) into a blank cell D2 and press Enter key. Then drag the Fill Handle down to the range to extract all day numbers from the referenced date list.
Now the year, month and day numbers are extracted from the date list as above screenshot shown.
Office Tab - Tabbed Browsing, Editing, and Managing of Workbooks in Excel:
Office Tab brings the tabbed interface as seen in web browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer new versions and Firefox to Microsoft Excel. It will be a time-saving tool and irreplaceble in your work. See below demo:
Click for free trial of Office Tab!
Recommended Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools For Excel brings
300+ cool and powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) for
1500+ work scenarios, helps you solve
80% Excel problems.
- Deal with all complicated tasks in seconds, help to enhance your work ability, get success from the fierce competition, and never worry about being fired.
- Save a lot of work time, leave much time for you to love and care the family and enjoy a comfortable life now.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands, and give you a healthy body.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes, and get admiring glance from your colleagues or friends.
- No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes, have a relaxing and pleasant mind, give you a thrill you've never had before.
- Spend only $39, but worth than $4000 training of others. Being used by 110,000 elites and 300+ well-known companies.
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years. Buy once, use forever.
- Change the way you work now, and give you a better life immediately!
- Increases your productivity by
50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Open and create documents in new tabs of same window, rather than in new windows.
- Help you work faster and easily stand out from the crowd! One second to switch between dozens of open documents!