How to convert vertical list to horizontal or vice versa in Excel?
For a vertical list, you may need to convert it to horizontal for some special purpose. Or convert a horizontal list to vertical contrarily. This article will show you methods of converting vertical list to horizontal or vice versa in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
With the Transpose function, you can convert vertical list to horizontal or vice versa as follows.
1. Select a vertical list or horizontal list you want to convert, and then press Ctrl + C keys simultaneously to copy the list.
2. Select a blank cell which you want to locate the converted list.
3. Then click Home > Paste > Paste Special. See screenshot:
4. In the Paste Special dialog box, check the Transpose box and then click the OK button.
Then the selected vertical list or horizontal list is converted immediately.
In this section, I will show you a handy utility – Kutools for Excel. With the Transform Range utility of Kutools for Excel, converting vertical list to horizontal or vice versa will be easier.
1. Click Kutools > Range > Transform Range.
2. In the Transform Range dialog box, please select the vertical list you need to convert to horizontal in the Data to be transformed box, select the Range to single row option, then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: For converting horizontal list to vertical, please select the horizontal list in the Data to be transformed box, and then choose the Range to single column option in the dialog box.
3. In the following popping up Transform Range dialog box, select a blank cell for locating the converted list, and then click the OK button.
Now the selected list is converted successfully as below screenshot shown.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!