How to copy cells data with row height and column width in Excel?
In Excel, the row height and column width cannot be copied together with the cells data when you copying normally. Actually copy cells data with row height and column width to other cells will save your time from adjusting the cell size again. In this article, we will show you methods of copying cells data with row height and column width in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
With the build-in function of Excel, you can’t copy data with row height and column width at the same time. They need to be done separately. Please do as follows.
1. Firstly we will show you how to copy data with column width. Please select the cells you want to copy to other cells with the column width, and then press the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
2. Click on a blank cell for locating the copied cells data.
3. Click Home > Paste > Keep Source Column Widths. See screenshot:
Now the selected cells data are copied and pasted with the column widths.
Note: If you just want to copy the column width but ignore the source data, click Home > Paste > Paste Special to open the Paste Special dialog box, then check the Column widths option, and click the OK button.
4. For keeping the original row height, please select the entire rows of the original cells that you want to copy their row height and then click Home > Format Painter. See screenshot:
5. When a little brush display, select the entire rows of the cells you have pasted above. Release the mouse, you will see the original row heights are copied to these cells.
The Copy Ranges utility of Kutools for Excel will help you to easily copy cells data with row height and column width in Excel.
1. Click Kutools > Copy Ranges.
2. In the Copy Multiple Ranges dialog box, you need to:
(2) Specify an option you need in the Paste special section;
check both Including row height and Including column width boxes or just one of them;
(3) Click the OK button.
3. In the following dialog box, select a blank cell for placing the copied cells, and then click the OK button.
Now the row height and column width is pasted with the data successfully in to the destination cells.
Note: You can copy multiple selections together with this utility.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!