How to copy cells data with row height and column width in Excel?
In Excel, the row height and column width cannot be copied together with the cells data when you copying normally. Actually copy cells data with row height and column width to other cells will save your time from adjusting the cell size again. In this article, we will show you methods of copying cells data with row height and column width in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
With the build-in function of Excel, you can’t copy data with row height and column width at the same time. They need to be done separately. Please do as follows.
1. Firstly we will show you how to copy data with column width. Please select the cells you want to copy to other cells with the column width, and then press the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
2. Click on a blank cell for locating the copied cells data.
3. Click Home > Paste > Keep Source Column Widths. See screenshot:
Now the selected cells data are copied and pasted with the column widths.
Note: If you just want to copy the column width but ignore the source data, click Home > Paste > Paste Special to open the Paste Special dialog box, then check the Column widths option, and click the OK button.
4. For keeping the original row height, please select the entire rows of the original cells that you want to copy their row height and then click Home > Format Painter. See screenshot:
5. When a little brush display, select the entire rows of the cells you have pasted above. Release the mouse, you will see the original row heights are copied to these cells.
The Copy Ranges utility of Kutools for Excel will help you to easily copy cells data with row height and column width in Excel.
1. Click Kutools > Copy Ranges.
2. In the Copy Multiple Ranges dialog box, you need to:
(2) Specify an option you need in the Paste special section;
check both Including row height and Including column width boxes or just one of them;
(3) Click the OK button.
3. In the following dialog box, select a blank cell for placing the copied cells, and then click the OK button.
Now the row height and column width is pasted with the data successfully in to the destination cells.
Note: You can copy multiple selections together with this utility.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!