How to copy cells data with row height and column width in Excel?
In Excel, the row height and column width cannot be copied together with the cells data when you copying normally. Actually copy cells data with row height and column width to other cells will save your time from adjusting the cell size again. In this article, we will show you methods of copying cells data with row height and column width in Excel.
Copy cells data with row height and column width with Excel function
With the build-in function of Excel, you can’t copy data with row height and column width at the same time. They need to be done separately. Please do as follows.
1. Firstly we will show you how to copy data with column width. Please select the cells you want to copy to other cells with the column width, and then press the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
2. Click on a blank cell for locating the copied cells data.
3. Click Home > Paste > Keep Source Column Widths. See screenshot:
Now the selected cells data are copied and pasted with the column widths.
Note: If you just want to copy the column width but ignore the source data, click Home > Paste > Paste Special to open the Paste Special dialog box, then check the Column widths option, and click the OK button.
4. For keeping the original row height, please select the entire rows of the original cells that you want to copy their row height and then click Home > Format Painter. See screenshot:
5. When a little brush display, select the entire rows of the cells you have pasted above. Release the mouse, you will see the original row heights are copied to these cells.
Copy cells data with row height and column width with Kutools for Excel
The Copy Ranges utility of Kutools for Excel can help you easily copy a range of cell data with row height and column width in Excel.
1. Select the cells you want to copy the data along with the row height and column width, and then click Kutools > Copy Ranges. Tips: You can select multiple ranges with holding the Ctrl key and then apply the feature.
2. In the Copy Multiple Ranges dialog box, you need to:
(1) Specify an option you need in the Paste special section;
(2) Check both Including row height and Including column width boxes or just one of them based on your needs;
(3) Click the OK button.
3. In the following dialog box, select a blank cell to output the copied cells, and then click the OK button.
Now the row height and column width is pasted with the data successfully in to the destination cells.
If you want to have a free trial ( 30-day) of this utility, please click to download it, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Easily copy cells data with row height and column width with Kutools for Excel
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.