How to copy cells data with row height and column width in Excel?
In Excel, the row height and column width cannot be copied together with the cells data when you copying normally. Actually copy cells data with row height and column width to other cells will save your time from adjusting the cell size again. In this article, we will show you methods of copying cells data with row height and column width in Excel.
With the build-in function of Excel, you can’t copy data with row height and column width at the same time. They need to be done separately. Please do as follows.
1. Firstly we will show you how to copy data with column width. Please select the cells you want to copy to other cells with the column width, and then press the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
2. Click on a blank cell for locating the copied cells data.
3. Click Home > Paste > Keep Source Column Widths. See screenshot:
Now the selected cells data are copied and pasted with the column widths.
Note: If you just want to copy the column width but ignore the source data, click Home > Paste > Paste Special to open the Paste Special dialog box, then check the Column widths option, and click the OK button.
4. For keeping the original row height, please select the entire rows of the original cells that you want to copy their row height and then click Home > Format Painter. See screenshot:
5. When a little brush display, select the entire rows of the cells you have pasted above. Release the mouse, you will see the original row heights are copied to these cells.
The Copy Ranges utility of Kutools for Excel can help you easily copy a range of cell data with row height and column width in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the cells you want to copy the data along with the row height and column width, and then click Kutools > Copy Ranges.
Tips: You can select multiple ranges with holding the Ctrl key and then apply the feature.
2. In the Copy Multiple Ranges dialog box, you need to:
3. In the following dialog box, select a blank cell to output the copied cells, and then click the OK button.
Now the row height and column width is pasted with the data successfully in to the destination cells.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!