How to hide all worksheets except the specified or active one in Excel?
For keeping workbook clean and easy to navigate, you may want to hide all worksheets except current active one in Excel. In this article, we will show you two methods of hiding all worksheets but specified or active one in Excel.
You can hide all worksheets except the specified one with VBA code in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. In current opened workbook, shift to the worksheet you want to show only, and then press Alt + F11 simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window, click Insert > Module. See screenshot:
3. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code editor.
VBA code: hide all sheets except specified one
Sub SheetHidden() Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim xName As String xName = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, Application.ActiveSheet.Name, Type: = 2) For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets If xWs.Name <> xName Then xWs.Visible = xlSheetHidden End If Next End Sub
4. Press the F5 key to run the code.
5. After running the code, a dialog box pops up with active sheet name displaying in the Range box, then click the OK button.
Then all worksheets are hidden immediately except the current one in your workbook.
Note: For displaying the hidden worksheets, please copy and paste following VBA code into the Module and then press the F5 key to run the code.
VBA code: show hidden worksheets
Sub SheetUnHidden() Dim xWs As Worksheet For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets xWs.Visible = True Next End Sub
You can hide all sheets except the specified or active one with just one click in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Get into the specified sheet which you want it to be shown only in current workbook.
2. Then click Kutools > Show & Hide > Hide Unselected Sheets.
Then all sheets in current workbook are hidden except the active one.
Note: If you want to display all hidden worksheets, please click Kutools > Show / Hide > Unhide All Sheets. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!