How to hide all worksheets except the specified or active one in Excel?
For keeping workbook clean and easy to navigate, you may want to hide all worksheets except current active one in Excel. In this article, we will show you two methods of hiding all worksheets but specified or active one in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can hide all worksheets except the specified one with VBA code in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. In current opened workbook, shift to the worksheet you want to show only, and then press Alt + F11 simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window, click Insert > Module. See screenshot:
3. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code editor.
VBA code: hide all sheets except specified one
Sub SheetHidden() Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim xName As String xName = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, Application.ActiveSheet.Name, Type: = 2) For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets If xWs.Name <> xName Then xWs.Visible = xlSheetHidden End If Next End Sub
4. Press the F5 key to run the code.
5. After running the code, a dialog box pops up with active sheet name displaying in the Range box, then click the OK button.
Then all worksheets are hidden immediately except the current one in your workbook.
Note: For displaying the hidden worksheets, please copy and paste following VBA code into the Module and then press the F5 key to run the code.
VBA code: show hidden worksheets
Sub SheetUnHidden() Dim xWs As Worksheet For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets xWs.Visible = True Next End Sub
After installing Kutools for Excel , you can hide all sheets except the specified or active one with just one click in Excel.
1. Get into the specified sheet which you want it to be shown only in current workbook.
2. Then click Kutools > Show / Hide > Hide Unselected Sheets. See screenshot:
Then all sheets in current workbook are hidden except the active one.
Note: If you want to display all hidden worksheets, please click Kutools > Show / Hide > Unhide All Sheets. See screenshot: