How to hide all worksheets except the specified or active one in Excel?
For keeping workbook clean and easy to navigate, you may want to hide all worksheets except current active one in Excel. In this article, we will show you two methods of hiding all worksheets but specified or active one in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can hide all worksheets except the specified one with VBA code in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. In current opened workbook, shift to the worksheet you want to show only, and then press Alt + F11 simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window, click Insert > Module. See screenshot:
3. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code editor.
VBA code: hide all sheets except specified one
Sub SheetHidden() Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim xName As String xName = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, Application.ActiveSheet.Name, Type: = 2) For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets If xWs.Name <> xName Then xWs.Visible = xlSheetHidden End If Next End Sub
4. Press the F5 key to run the code.
5. After running the code, a dialog box pops up with active sheet name displaying in the Range box, then click the OK button.
Then all worksheets are hidden immediately except the current one in your workbook.
Note: For displaying the hidden worksheets, please copy and paste following VBA code into the Module and then press the F5 key to run the code.
VBA code: show hidden worksheets
Sub SheetUnHidden() Dim xWs As Worksheet For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets xWs.Visible = True Next End Sub
After installing Kutools for Excel , you can hide all sheets except the specified or active one with just one click in Excel.
1. Get into the specified sheet which you want it to be shown only in current workbook.
2. Then click Kutools > Show / Hide > Hide Unselected Sheets. See screenshot:
Then all sheets in current workbook are hidden except the active one.
Note: If you want to display all hidden worksheets, please click Kutools > Show / Hide > Unhide All Sheets. See screenshot: