How to compare dates if greater than another date in Excel?
Supposing you have a list of dates, and want to compare these dates with a specified date in order to find out the date which is greater than that specified date in the list, what would you do? In this article, we will show you methods of comparing dates if greater than another date in Excel.
Method B: Easily compare dates if greater than another date with an awesome feature
As below screenshot shown, you can compare dates in the Date column with a specified date 2015/3/10 and finally get the certain dates which are greater than it in that column with formula as follows.
1. Type the specified date 2015/3/10 in a blank cell such as cell F2.
2. Select a blank cell which is corresponding to the first date cell in the Date column such as G2. Then copy and paste formula =IF(A2>$F$2, "YES", "NO") into the Formula Bar and press the Enter key. See screenshot:
3. Select the cell G2, drag the Fill Handle down to the cell you want to cover with this formula.
4. You will get the results with No and Yes displaying in the cells. No means the corresponding date is less than the specified date, and the Yes means this corresponding date is greater than the specified date.
The Select specific cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you quickly find the dates greater than another date in Excel.
1. Select the range with dates you want to compare, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select Cell in the Selection type section, select Greater than and enter the compared date in the box under Specific type section, and finally click OK or Apply button.
Then the cells with dates which are greater than the specified date are selected immediately.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoExcellent tutorial, easy to follow.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoPortuguês filho da puta
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoi'm portuguese and ashamed of this behavior.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoWhy would an excel tutorial be on portugues ?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoexcelente aula, mas digamos que eu tenha dois campos de data, uma de data inicial e outra de data final, como eu faria pra achar datas que tivesses entre esse periodo??