How to compare dates if greater than another date in Excel?
Supposing you have a list of dates, and want to compare these dates with a specified date in order to find out the date which is greater than that specified date in the list, what would you do? In this article, we will show you methods of comparing dates if greater than another date in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
As below screenshot shown, you can compare dates in the Date column with a specified date 2015/3/10 and finally get the certain dates which are greater than it in that column with formula as follows.
1. Type the specified date 2015/3/10 in a blank cell such as cell F2.
2. Select a blank cell which is corresponding to the first date cell in the Date column such as G2. Then copy and paste formula =IF(A2>$F$2, "YES", "NO") into the Formula Bar and press the Enter key. See screenshot:
3. Select the cell G2, drag the Fill Handle down to the cell you want to cover with this formula.
4. You will get the results with No and Yes displaying in the cells. No means the corresponding date is less than the specified date, and the Yes means this corresponding date is greater than the specified date.
The Select specific cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you quickly find the dates greater than another date in Excel.
1. Select the range with dates you want to compare, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select Cell in the Selection type section, select Greater than and enter the compared date in the box under Specific type section, and finally click OK or Apply button.
Then the cells with dates which are greater than the specified date are selected immediately.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...