How to compare dates if greater than another date in Excel?
Supposing you have a list of dates, and want to compare these dates with a specified date in order to find out the date which is greater than that specified date in the list, what would you do? In this article, we will show you methods of comparing dates if greater than another date in Excel.
Compare dates if greater than another date with formula
As below screenshot shown, you can compare dates in the Date column with a specified date 2015/3/10 and finally get the certain dates which are greater than it in that column with formula as follows.
1. Type the specified date 2015/3/10 in a blank cell such as cell F2.
2. Select a blank cell which is corresponding to the first date cell in the Date column such as G2. Then copy and paste formula =IF(A2>$F$2, "YES", "NO") into the Formula Bar and press the Enter key. See screenshot:
3. Select the cell G2, drag the Fill Handle down to the cell you want to cover with this formula.
4. You will get the results with No and Yes displaying in the cells. No means the corresponding date is less than the specified date, and the Yes means this corresponding date is greater than the specified date.
Easily compare dates if greater than another date with Kutools for Excel
The Select specific cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you quickly find the dates greater than another date in Excel.
Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in
1. Select the range with dates you want to compare, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select Cell in the Selection type section, select Greater than and enter the compared date in the box under Specific type section, and finally click OK or Apply button.
Then the cells with dates which are greater than the specified date are selected immediately.
If you want to have a free trial (
30-day) of this utility, please click to download it, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Compare dates if greater than another date with Kutools for Excel
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!