How to find and replace fill color in Excel?
In Excel, you may fill different background colors to make the important value outstanding, but, have you ever tried to find the cells contain same color and replace them with another color at once in Excel?
To find the same fill color cells and replace them with another color you like, the Find and Replace feature in Excel may help you to finish this job. Please do as follows:
1. Select the range cells that you want to find and replace the fill color.
2. Press Ctrl + H to open the Find and Replace dialog box, see screenshot:
3. Then click Options >> button to expand the Find and Replace dialog box, in the expanded dialog box, click Format besides the Find what section, and select Choose Format From Cell from the drop down list see screenshot:
4. And then click to choose one cell which contains the color that you want to replace, after selecting the cell color, then click Format besides the Replace with section, and choose Format from its drop down list, see screenshot:
5. In the popped out Replace Format dialog, choose one color you like under the Fill tab, see screenshot:
6. Then click OK to go back to the Find and Replace dialog, click Replace All button to replace the color at once, and a prompt box will pop out to remind you the number of the replacements, see screenshot:
7. Then click OK and close the Find and Replace dialog, you will see the cells with the fill color you specified have been replaced by another color.
If you are interested in other solutions to deal with this task, I can introduce you a handy tool – Kutools for Excel, with its Select Cells with Format utility, you can quickly select all the cells with the same formatting with a specific cell.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select the data range that you want to use.
2. Click Kutools > Select > Select Cells with Format, see screenshot:
3. In the Select Cells with Format dialog box, click Choose Format From Cell button, see screenshot:
4. Then select the cell which contains the color that you want to replace in the Select Cells with Format dialog, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK, all the cell attributes of the selected cell have been listed into the dialog box, and only check Background Color under Fill option, see screenshot:
6. And then click Ok, all the cells which filled with this color are selected immediately, then click Home > Fill Color, and choose one color you want, and the selected cells’ color has been replaced as following screenshot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!