How to change – (dashes) to 0 (zero) in Excel?
Supposing you have a range of data mixed with dashes, and now you want to change all dashes cells to zeros in Excel, what would you do? You can achieve this with the following methods we provide in this article.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
In this section, you can change all dashes to zeros in selected range with the Find and Replace command in Excel.
1. Select the range with the dashes cells you want to replace with zeros.
2. Press Ctrl + H keys simultaneously to open the Find and Replace dialog box. In this dialog box, under the Replace tab, enter – and 0 to the Find what and Replaces with boxes separately, Then click the Options button. See screenshot:
3. In the expanded section, check the Match entire cell contents box, and click the Replace All button.
4. Click the OK button in the following popping up dialog box.
5. Close the Find and Replace dialog box.
Now all dashes in cells are replaced with zeros. See screenshots:
With the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly select all cells which contain dashes and then change all dashes to zeros with shortcuts.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the range with the dashes cells you want to change to 0. And click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells.
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select the Cell option in the Selection type section, select Equals in the Specific type drop-down list, and enter – to the box. Finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Now all cells with dashes are selected immediately. Then enter the number 0 directly, and press the Ctrl + Enter keys simultaneously.
Then all selected cell contents are changed to 0 at once.
|If this utility is helpful, you can download and try the free trial now!|