How to convert lowercase to proper or sentence case in Excel?
Generally, we are used to typing data in lowercase in Excel. But as we all know, the Proper Case or Sentence case are more official than lowercase. Now this tutorial is talking about the tricks on quickly converting lowercase to proper or sentences case.
Subscript numbers in Chemical Formulas (subscript all numbers after each element in chemical formulas.)
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Here I tell you some formulas to convert lowercase to proper case or sentence case in Excel.
Select one cell you want to put the result and type one of the formulas you need from below, then drag fill handle to a range needed the formula:
Convert lowercase to proper case
Convert lowercase to sentence case
You also can use this formula to convert lowercase to sentence case.
If you have Excel 2013, you can use the Flash Fill to quickly convert lowercase to proper or sentence case.
1. Select a cell next to the data and type the relative proper case manually. See screenshot:
2. Drag the fill handle over a range you need, and click the AutoFillOptions to expand a list, and check Flash Fill. See screenshot:
Now the lowercase data has been converted to proper case.
If you want to convert lowercase to sentence case, you just need to type one relative sentence case of the data and drag fill handle and check Flash Fill.
If you do not have Excel 2013, and do not want to remember formulas, you can use Change Case of Kutools for Excel, with it, you can quickly change case to lowercase, UPPERCASE, Proper Case, Sentence case or ToGgLe CaSe.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, do as below:
1. Select the data range you need to convert case, and click Kutools > Text > Change Case. See screenshot:
2. In the Change Case dialog, check the option you need, and you can preview the results in the Preview pane. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok to close dialog, and the lowercase has been converted.
With Change Case, you can do these :
|If you are interested in this addi-in, click here to download the 60-days free trial.|