How to convert lowercase to proper or sentence case in Excel?
Generally, we are used to typing data in lowercase in Excel. But as we all know, the Proper Case or Sentence case are more official than lowercase. Now this tutorial is talking about the tricks on quickly converting lowercase to proper or sentences case.
Here I tell you some formulas to convert lowercase to proper case or sentence case in Excel.
Select one cell you want to put the result and type one of the formulas you need from below, then drag fill handle to a range needed the formula:
Convert lowercase to proper case
Convert lowercase to sentence case
You also can use this formula to convert lowercase to sentence case.
If you have Excel 2013, you can use the Flash Fill to quickly convert lowercase to proper or sentence case.
1. Select a cell next to the data and type the relative proper case manually. See screenshot:
2. Drag the fill handle over a range you need, and click the AutoFillOptions to expand a list, and check Flash Fill. See screenshot:
Now the lowercase data has been converted to proper case.
If you want to convert lowercase to sentence case, you just need to type one relative sentence case of the data and drag fill handle and check Flash Fill.
If you do not have Excel 2013, and do not want to remember formulas, you can use Change Case of Kutools for Excel, with it, you can quickly change case to lowercase, UPPERCASE, Proper Case, Sentence case or ToGgLe CaSe.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, do as below:
1. Select the data range you need to convert case, and click Kutools > Text > Change Case. See screenshot:
2. In the Change Case dialog, check the option you need, and you can preview the results in the Preview pane. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok to close dialog, and the lowercase has been converted.
With Change Case, you can do these :
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!