How to copy one filled color only to a range in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to copy a cell’s filled color only to a range cells, but there is no paste option that can help you only paste the cell’s filled color in Excel. You may think of finding the same color from the Fill color list, but if the color cannot be directely found how can you do? Here I will introduce some tricks for you to quickly copy the cell color only and paste to a range in Excel.
In Excel, you only can use the VBA code to only copy a cell filled color.
Before running the VBA, you should know the number of the color you need to copy in the color list.
1. Press Alt + F11 to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window, and then click Insert > Module, then paste below VBA to the new Module window.
VBA: Copy one cell filled color only.
Sub color1() Dim i As Integer i = InputBox("Enter the colour number")Range("D1:F6").Interior.ColorIndex = i End Sub
Tip: In the VBA, you can change the cell range as you need Range("D1:F6").Interior.ColorIndex = i.
2. Press F5 key to run this VBA. Then in the popping dialog, type the relative number of color into it. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. The range has been filled with the 17th color.
But with this VBA, you only can use the color on the color list, if the color is out of the list, it cannot work. So let’s move to another efficient method.
With Kutools for Excel’s Copy Cell Formatting feacture, whatever the color, it can help you quickly copy it only and paste it to other cells.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
Free install Kutools for Excel and then follow below steps:
1. Select the cell you need to copy its filled color, click Kutools > Format > Copy Cell Formatting. See screenshot:
2. In the Copy Cell Formatting dialog, check Interior color/shading only. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and select the cells you need to paste this color. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. The selected range is filled same color.
With Copy Cell Formatting feature, you also can copy the whole cell formatting, copy the cell font color only and so on.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!