How to quickly hide cell values in Excel?
In some cases, when we send a worksheet or workbook to others, we may want to hide some important or private cells from others viewing. This tutorial will help you to quickly solve this problem in Excel.
Export Range to File
|Kutools for Excel's Export Range to File function can export or save a range to separate file as
workbook, pdf, text, csv or text.
|Click Enterprise > Import/Export > Export Range to File.|
Enable you to do smarter, faster and better
In Excel, you can format the cells to achieve hiding cell values.
1. Select the cells you want to hide values, and right click to select Format Cells from context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, select Custom from the Category list, and type ;;; into the textbox under Type. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Then the cell values are hidden.
But this method just can prevent other from viewing the cells in outside, if others click at the cell, they can view the cell value in the formula bar. See screenshot:
Fortunately, next I introduce a good solution to completely hide the cell values from others.
With Kutools for Excel’s Encrypt Cells feature, you can set a password and encrypt the selected cells, the users who do not know the password cannot view the real values of the cells.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the cells you want to hide and click Enterprise > Encrypt Cells. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popping dialog type and confirm the password. See screenshot:
. Click Ok or Apply. Now the cells are decoded. And whatever you click outside or inside of the cells, the real values cannot be viewed.
If you want to show it again, you can select the cells and click Enterprise > Decrypt Cells, and type the correct password into the popping dialog, then click Ok > OK.
|If you are interested in this addi-in, click here to download the 60-days free trial.|