How to add comma at end of cell/text in Excel?
For some purposes, you may need to add comma at the end of each cell in Excel. In this article, I will show you two methods of adding comma after cells in Excel.
You can use formula to add comma at the end of cell in Excel. Please do as follows.
You need to create a help column for using this formula.
1. Select a blank cell such as cell B1 which is adjacent to the cell you want to add comma at end, enter the formula =A1&",", and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
2. Select the cell B1, drag the Fill Handle down to the range you need. You will see commas are added at the end of the text in each cell in the help column.
1. You can change the reference cell in the formula based on your needs.
2. When you copy the formulas to other cells, please paste them as values.
As the above method cannot directly work in the original data. Here will introduce you a handy add-in - Add Text utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can quickly add commas at the end of all cells in selected range.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range you want to add comma after text.
2. Click Kutools > Text > Add Text. See screenshot:
3. In the Add Text dialog box, type the comma sign into the Text box, then select the After last character in the Position section, and finally click the OK button. The comma now is added after each cell text in selected range.
1. You can see the result instantly in the Preview box;
2. Check the Skip non-text cells box, the non-text cells won’t be included in the operation.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!