How to add comma at end of cell/text in Excel?
For some purposes, you may need to add comma at the end of each cell in Excel. In this article, I will show you two methods of adding comma after cells in Excel.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can use formula to add comma at the end of cell in Excel. Please do as follows.
You need to create a help column for using this formula.
1. Select a blank cell such as cell B1 which is adjacent to the cell you want to add comma at end, enter the formula =A1&",", and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
2. Select the cell B1, drag the Fill Handle down to the range you need. You will see commas are added at the end of the text in each cell in the help column.
1. You can change the reference cell in the formula based on your needs.
2. When you copy the formulas to other cells, please paste them as values.
As the above method cannot directly work in the original data. Here will introduce you a handy add-in - Add Text utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can quickly add commas at the end of all cells in selected range.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the range you want to add comma after text.
2. Click Kutools > Text > Add Text. See screenshot:
3. In the Add Text dialog box, type the comma sign into the Text box, then select the After last character in the Position section, and finally click the OK button. The comma now is added after each cell text in selected range.
1. You can see the result instantly in the Preview box;
2. Check the Skip non-text cells box, the non-text cells won’t be included in the operation.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Excel Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agothank you:) It's helped me!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks; it was an easy one, but I was not able to find it by myself :)
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSome people would rather miss the bus or train than run to catch it. Are you someone who hates to run or even walk fast? Well things could change. More people are taking up running to keep fit. Doctors say that running even just a few kilometres each week can help you to avoid heart attacks. Runners have less chance of illnesses such as strokes and diabetes than people who don't take exercise. As well as keeping fit which has to be a good thing running can also help you to lose weight. Why. Not join a club to get you started?