How to keep column header viewing when scrolling in Excel?
When you have a large worksheet with hundreds of rows and columns, in general, the column headers will be unviewed while you scrolling down to data. Here I will tell you some tricks to keep the column headers always viewing while scrolling in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To keep the column headers viewing means to freeze the top row of the worksheet.
Enable the worksheet you need to keep column header viewing, and click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Top Row. See screenshot:
Then when you scrolling the worksheet, the column headers are kept viewing.
1. If you want to unfreeze the column headers, just click View > Freeze Panes > Unfreeze Panes.
2. If you want to freeze the row headers, you can click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze First Column.
With above method, if you want to freeze all column headers across multiple worksheets, you need to click the Freeze Top Row one by one for every sheet. But with Freeze panes multiple worksheets utility of Kutools for Excel you can freeze the column headers across multiple worksheets by once click.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Click at Cell A2 in any worksheet.
2. Then click Enterprise > Worksheet > Freeze panes multiple worksheets. See screenshot:
Then all the column headers of the whole workbook are frozen, and kept viewing while scrolling.
1. If you want to unfreeze the panes back, click Enterprise > Worksheet > Unfreeze panes multiple worksheets.
2. If you want to keep row headers viewing, select Cell B2 and apply Freeze panes multiple worksheets utility.
|If you are interested in this addi-in, click here to download the 60-days free trial.|