How to keep column header viewing when scrolling in Excel?
When you have a large worksheet with hundreds of rows and columns, in general, the column headers will be unviewed while you scrolling down to data. Here I will tell you some tricks to keep the column headers always viewing while scrolling in Excel.
To keep the column headers viewing means to freeze the top row of the worksheet.
Enable the worksheet you need to keep column header viewing, and click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Top Row. See screenshot:
Then when you scrolling the worksheet, the column headers are kept viewing.
1. If you want to unfreeze the column headers, just click View > Freeze Panes > Unfreeze Panes.
2. If you want to freeze the row headers, you can click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze First Column.
With above method, if you want to freeze all column headers across multiple worksheets, you need to click the Freeze Top Row one by one for every sheet. But with Freeze panes multiple worksheets utility of Kutools for Excel you can freeze the column headers across multiple worksheets by once click.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Click at Cell A2 in any worksheet.
2. Then click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Freeze panes multiple worksheets. See screenshot:
Then all the column headers of the whole workbook are frozen, and kept viewing while scrolling.
1. If you want to unfreeze the panes back, click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Unfreeze panes multiple worksheets.
2. If you want to keep row headers viewing, select Cell B2 and apply Freeze panes multiple worksheets utility.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!