How to quickly count the number of hidden worksheets in Excel?
If you have a large workbook with hundreds of worksheets, and some of worksheets are hidden. To meet some special needs, you want to know the number of hidden worksheets in the workbook, how can you do instead of counting them one by one? Now I will introduce two tricks can quickly count the hidden worksheets at once.
I introduce a VBA code which can pop out a dialog to tell you the number of hidden worksheets in a workbook.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste below code to the new Module window.
VBA: Count hidden sheets.
Sub vhCount() 'Updateby20150602 Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim xCount As Integer For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Sheets If xWs.Visible Then xCount = xCount + 1 Next MsgBox "Visible : " & xCount & vbCrLf & _ "Hidden : " & ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count - xCount End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, and a dialog pops out to tell you the number of hidden worksheets and the number of visible worksheets.
If you are not familiar with VBA, you can free install Kutools for Excel to count number of sheets, hidden sheets, and visible sheets at a glance.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Click Kutools > Navigation to display the pane. See screenshot:
2. Then click Workbook & Sheet button to list the books and worksheets, and go to the bottom of the pane, you can find the number of total sheets, hidden sheets and visible sheets.
Tip: If you do not need Navigation pane anymore, click Kutools > Navigation again to hide it.
With Kutools for Excel, you also can remove all hidden sheets at one click.
1. If you want to unhide all hidden sheets, just click Kutools > Show & Hide > Unhide All Hidden Sheets.
2. If you want to delete all hidden sheets, just click Enterprise > Worksheet > Delete All Hidden Sheets. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!