How to insert header and footer on all sheets in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to insert header and footer on all worksheets at the same time without inserting them one by one. In this article, we will show you methods of inserting header and footer on all sheets, or applying the created header and footer in a specified worksheet to all worksheets in Excel.
With the Select All Sheets function in Excel, you can first select all sheets in current workbook and then insert header and footer to these selected worksheets. Please do as follows.
1. Right click on a worksheet tab in the Sheet Tab bar, and then click Select All Sheets in the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. After selected all sheets, please click the Page Layout button on the Status Bar.
3. Now the worksheets are displayed in the Page Layout view. In the Header section, click the header box and enter the header information as you like.
4. Enter the footer information in the Footer box. See screenshot:
5. Shift the worksheet to the normal view by clicking the Normal button on the Status Bar.
6. Right click on a sheet tab in the Sheet Tabs bar and then click Ungroup Sheets from the right-clicking menu.
Now the header and footer are inserted in all sheets within the workbook.
Maybe you don’t like the above method, or you have header and footer created in a specified worksheet and want to apply these header and footer to other worksheets within workbook, you can use the Copy Page Setup utility of Kutools for Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. In the worksheet with created header and footer, please click Kutools Plus > Printing > Copy Page Setup.
2. In the Copy Page Setup dialog box, keep all sheet name selected in the Copy to section, (or select the specific worksheet names that you want to apply the header and footer), and in the Options section, uncheck the Page setup box, scroll down to select one type of header or footer under the Header / Footer section. And finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Notes: There are several header options and footer options in the Page setup box, please check the corresponding ones based on the created header and footer in the specified sheet.
Now the header and footer in the specified sheet are applied to all sheets within current workbook.