How to hide negative numbers in Excel?
Are there any quick ways for us to hide the negative numbers in Excel? This article will introduce some good tricks to hide the values if negative.
The Conditional Formatting may help you to hide the value if negative, please do with the following steps:
1. Select the data range that you want to hide the negative numbers.
2. Click Home > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Less Than, see screenshot:
3. In the Less Than dialog, enter the number 0 into the text box, and click the drop down list to choose Custom Format option, see screenshot:
4. And in the popped out Format Cells dialog box, choose the white color as the same as your background color for the cell font under the Font tab, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and all the negative numbers have been hidden at once.
If you are skillful with Excel, you may think of the function of Format Cells, with this feature, you just need to customize the formatting for the cells.
1. Select the range of cells that you want to hide the negative values.
2. Right click, and choose Format Cells from the context menu, see screenshot:
3. Then in the Format Cells dialog box, under the Number tab, click Custom from the left Category pane, and enter 0;"" into the Type text box, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK button, all the negative values in the selection have been hidden immediately.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, with its Select Specific Cells utility, you can select all negative numbers first, and then format their font color as the same as the background color to make them invisible.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the data range that you want to use.
2. Click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells, see screenshot:
3. In the Select Specific Cells dialog, chose Cell under the Selection type, and specify Less than from the Specific type drop down list, then type the number 0 into the text box, see screenshot:
4. And then click Ok or Apply, and all the negative numbers have been selected as following screenshot shown:
5. Click OK to close the dialog box, then go Home tab, and choose the white color as the cell font color from the Font Color drop down, see screenshot:
Tips: the font color you choose needed to be as same as the cell’s background color.
6. And all the negative values of the selected cells will be hidden.