How to display or show year of date only in Excel?
For a range of date in Excel, you may want to only display or show the year of all dates. In this article, we will show you methods of displaying year of date only in Excel.
You can format the cell as yyy to display year of date only in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cells with dates you want to display as year only.
2. Right click the selection, and then click Format Cells from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Format Cells dialog box, click Custom in the Category box under Number tab, type yyy into the Type box. And finally click the OK button.
Then you can see all selected date are displayed as year only. See screenshot:
Easily display the year of date only in Excel:
You can also display or show year of date only with formula. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell adjacent to the cell you want to display year of date only, and then type formula =YEAR(A1) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key to get the result. See screenshot:
2. Drag the Fill Handle down to the range until all years of reference dates displaying in the cells.
In this section, we will introduce you the Apply Date Formatting utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can apply different date formats to selected cells as you need.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with dates you want to display year only, and then click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting. See screenshot:
2. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog box, scroll down to select the year format: 2001 or 01 in the Date formatting box, and then click the OK button.
Note: Besides year format, there are lots of date formatting in the dialog box, you can apply any date formatting based on your needs.
Then you can see all selected dates are displayed as years only. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)