How to save all open files/workbooks at once in Excel?
For working with lots of opened workbooks, it is painful to go through each workbook and save them manually. In this article, we will show you methods of saving all open workbooks at once in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
With the below VBA code, you can save all open Excel files at once. Please do as follows.
1. Press Alt + F11 simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Save all open files/workbooks at once
Sub SaveAll() Dim xWb As Workbook For Each xWb In Application.Workbooks If Not xWb.ReadOnly And Windows(xWb.Name).Visible Then xWb.Save End If Next End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, then all opened workbooks are saved at once automatically.
With the Office Tab add-in, you can not only open, read and manage multiple Excel files in a single tabbed window, but also save all opened workbooks at once with the Save All utility. Please do as follows.
After installing Office Tab, all opened workbooks are displayed in a single tabbed window. See screenshot:
For saving all opened workbooks, please right click on a tab, and then click Save All from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
Then all opened workbooks are saved at once.
|If this utility is helpful, you can download and try the free trial now!|