Supposing you have a range of data, and you want to hide the rows based on a column value, for instance, if the cell value of the column is smaller than 3000, then hide the row of the cell as below screenshot shown.
In Excel, you can use the Filter function to filter and hide the rows based on cell value.
1. Select the data you want to filter out, and click Data > Filter. See screenshot:
2. Then click on the down arrow to display the filter drop down list, and click Number Filters (or Text Filters) > Greater Than (you can choose other criterion you need from the submenu). See screenshot:
3. In the popping dialog, type the criterion into the textbox next to is greater than. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Now the only the data greater than 3000 is shown, and the rows whose data is smaller than 3000 are hidden.
Hide rows based on cell value with VBA
Moreover, if you are interested in VBA code, here I can introduce a VBA code to hide rows based on cell value.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Then click Insert > Module to open a new Module window, and paste below VBA code into it.
VBA: Hide rows based on cell value.
Dim Rng As Range
Dim WorkRng As Range
Dim xNumber As Integer
On Error Resume Next
xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel"
Set WorkRng = Application.Selection
Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8)
xNumber = Application.InputBox("Number", xTitleId, "", Type:=1)
For Each Rng In WorkRng
Rng.EntireRow.Hidden = Rng.Value < xNumber
3. Then press F5 key to run the VBA, then select the data range you want to hide rows into the popping dialog (excluding headers). See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and type the criterion number into the second dialog. See screenshot:
5. Click OK. Now the rows whose data is smaller than 3000 are hidden.
Tip: If you want to hide rows which are greater than 3000, just change Rng.EntireRow.Hidden = Rng.Value < xNumber to Rng.EntireRow.Hidden = Rng.Value > xNumber, or if you want to hide rows whose data is equal to 3000, change to Rng.EntireRow.Hidden = Rng.Value = xNumber.
Quickly select cells based on criteria in Excel
With Kutools for Excel's Select Specific Cells, you can select cells based on one or two criteria once time.
Hide rows based on cell value with Kutools for Excel
IF you do not like to enable Filter function, neither to VBA, here I introduce you a handy tool – Select Specific Cells of Kutools for Excel to quickly select entire rows based on cell value, then you can hide them.
1. Select the data range and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Entire row under Selection type section, then select the criterion you need from Specific type list, then type the number or text into the textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok > OK to close dialogs. Now the rows whose data is smaller than 3000 are selected, and you just need to right click at the row header to show the context menu, and click Hide. See screenshot:
Now the rows whose data is smaller than 3000 are hidden.
1. If you want to hide rows which including a certain value, you can select Contains and type the certain value into the text box.
2. If you want to hide rows which including a value greater than but less than values, you can select Greater than and Less than, then type the values into the two box, and check And.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
I have a drop down with multiple reponses. I am trying to hide certain rows dependant on the response, can someone please assist?
Dropdown options are "CDI", "AR", "Legal", "Multiple" and "Other".
If response is CDI then hide rows 42-100
If response is AR then hide rows 19-41 and rows 66-100
If response is Legal then hide rows 19-66 and rows 88-100
If response is multiple then don't hide anything
If response is Other then hide rows 19-88
Hi I need some help with my work sheet. I have to build a dynamic questionnaire and I need to have a code that allow me to hide/ Unhide automatically some rows base on a cell information. Example:
if c6 is "internally" then show me row 7 but hide 8 to 107
if c6 is "Externally" then hide all the rows from 7 to 107
if c7 is "yes" then show me row 8 but hide 9 to 107
if c7 is "No" then show me row 8 but hide 9 to 107
if c8 is "Critical" then show me row 9 but hide 10 to 107
if c8 is "Important" show me row 9 but hide 10 to 107
if c8 is "Ordinary" show me row 9 but hide 10 to 107
if c8 is "Other" then show me row 9 but hide 10 to 107
if c9 is "Critical" then show me row 10 but hide 11 to 107
if c9 is "Important" then show me row 10 but hide 11 to 107
if c9 is "Ordinary" then show me row 10 but hide 11 to 107
if c9 is "Other" then show me row 10 but hide 11 to 107