How to save or export each sheet as CSV/PDF file in Excel?
For example you have a large workbook with multiple sheets, and you want to save or export each sheet as an individual .csv file or PDF file, how to get it done easily and quickly? In this article, I will introduce several methods to solve it.
- Save or export each sheet as CSV/PDF file with Save As feature
- Batch save or export each sheet as CSV file with VBA
- Batch save or export each sheet as CSV/PDF file with Kutools for Excel
As you know, Microsoft Excel can save current worksheet as an individual .csv file or PDF file. Therefore, you can save or export every sheet as .csv file or PDF file one by one manually.
1. Switch to the sheet that you will save or export as an individual .csv file, and click File (or Office button) > Save As.
2. In the opening dialog box, specify the destination folder that you will save the .csv file into, click the Save as type box and select CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv) or PDF (*.pdf) from the drop down list, and click the Save button.
3. There will be two warning dialog boxes coming out successively. Please click OK > Yes.
Note: If you save active worksheet as PDF file, these dialog boxes won't pop up. Just go ahead to next step.
4. Repeat above step 1-3 to save other sheets as individual .csv files one by one.
If there are a number of sheets that you want to save or export as .csv files, the first method will be quite time-consuming and tedious. This VBA can simplify working and make it easy to save or export each sheet as .csv file.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and then paste following VBA code into the new module window.
VBA: Save every sheet as an individual CSV file
3. Click the Run button or press F5 key to run this VBA.
Public Sub SaveWorksheetsAsCsv() Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim xDir As String Dim folder As FileDialog Set folder = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) If folder.Show <> -1 Then Exit Sub xDir = folder.SelectedItems(1) For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets xWs.SaveAs xDir & "\" & xWs.Name, xlCSV Next End Sub
4. In the opening Browse dialog box, specify the destination folder that you will save all .csv files into, and click the OK button.
Then you will see every sheet is saved/exported as an individual .csv file in the specified destination folder.
Some Excel users may refuse VBA code for some reasons. Do not worry! The third method can also batch save or export each sheet as .csv file or PDF file easily by the Split Workbook utility of Kutools for Excel.
1. Click the Enterprise > Workbook > Split Workbook.
2. In the opening Split Workbook dialog box,
(1) Keep selecting all sheets. If not, you can check the checkbox before Worksheet name to select all sheets;
(2) Check the Specify save format option;
(3) Click the box below Specify save format option, and select CSV (Macintosh)(*.csv) or PDF (*.pdf) from the drop down list.
(4) Click the Split button.
Note: If there are hidden and blank worksheets existing in your workbook, checking the Skip hidden worksheets box and the Skip blank worksheet box will ignore all blank or hidden sheets while exporting.
3. In the opening Browse for Folder dialog box, specify the destination folder that you will save all .csv file or PDF file into, and click the OK button.
Now you will see every sheet is exported and saved as an individual .csv file in the specified folder.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!