How to add semicolon to each cell in Excel?
It’s easy to add semicolon to the end of one cell, but it must be time-consuming and tedious to add semicolons for hundreds of cells in Excel. Now I introduce you some tricks to add semicolon to the end of each cell in Excel to free you from typing semicolon one by one.
Here is a very simple formula can add semicolon to the end of each cell in a list.
Select a cell next to your first data, and type this formula =A2&";" into it, press Enter key, then drag the autofill handle down to the cells you need.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Add Text function to quickly add semicolon to any position of each cell.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the email cells, and click Kutools > Text > Add Text. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Add Text dialog, type the semicolon ; into Text box, and check After last character option, you can see the results in the right preview pane.
3. Click Ok or Apply, the each email has been added a semicolon.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)