How to copy rows to new sheet based on column criteria in Excel?
For example there is a fruit purchase table, and now you need to copy records to new sheet based on specified fruit, how to get it done easily in Excel? Here I will introduce a couple of methods to copy rows to new sheet based on column criteria in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can filter data by the specified column value, and then copy filtered out rows to a new sheet manually in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the column which you will copy rows based on, in our example select the Fruit column. And then click the Data > Filter.
2. Click the Arrow besides the specified Column Header, and then only check the specified fruit in the drop down list, and click the OK button.
In our example, click the arrow besides the column header of Fruit, and then only check the Apple in the drop down list. See below screen shot:
3. Now only the records of specified fruit are filtered out. Copy these records.
4. Create a new sheet with clicking the or button in the Sheet Tab bar.
5. Then paste the copied records into the new sheet.
And then you will see all records about Apple is copied and saved into the new sheet. See below screen shot:
6. Repeat the Step 2-5 to copy other fruit records to new sheets.
If there are many kinds of fruits in the table, this method is a waste of much time to copy each kind of fruit records to new sheets.
The second method will help you batch copy rows to new sheet based on column criteria by Kutools for Excel’s Split Data utility.
Kutools for Excel - Combines more than 300 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
1. Select the range that you will copy rows based on column criteria, and click the Enterprise > Split Data.
2. In the opening Split Data into Multiple Worksheets dialog box, you need to:
(1) Check the Specific column option, and click the below drop-down list and specify the column that you will copy rows based on;
(2) Click the Rules box and specify the Values of Column from the drop down list;
3. Click the Ok button.
Then you will see each kind of fruit records are copied to an individual new sheet of a new created workbook as below screen shot shown: