How to copy rows to new sheet based on column criteria in Excel?
For example there is a fruit purchase table, and now you need to copy records to new sheet based on specified fruit, how to get it done easily in Excel? Here I will introduce a couple of methods to copy rows to new sheet based on column criteria in Excel.
- Copy rows to new sheet based on column criteria by filtering and copying
- Copy rows to new sheet based on column criteria by Kutools for Excel
You can filter data by the specified column value, and then copy filtered out rows to a new sheet manually in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the column which you will copy rows based on, in our example select the Fruit column. And then click the Data > Filter.
2. Click the Arrow besides the specified Column Header, and then only check the specified fruit in the drop down list, and click the OK button.
In our example, click the arrow besides the column header of Fruit, and then only check the Apple in the drop down list. See below screen shot:
3. Now only the records of specified fruit are filtered out. Copy these records.
4. Create a new sheet with clicking the or button in the Sheet Tab bar.
5. Then paste the copied records into the new sheet.
And then you will see all records about Apple is copied and saved into the new sheet. See below screen shot:
6. Repeat the Step 2-5 to copy other fruit records to new sheets.
If there are many kinds of fruits in the table, this method is a waste of much time to copy each kind of fruit records to new sheets.
The second method will help you batch copy rows to new sheet based on column criteria by Kutools for Excel’s Split Data utility.
1. Select the range that you will copy rows based on column criteria, and click the Kutools Plus > Split Data.
2. In the opening Split Data into Multiple Worksheets dialog box, you need to:
(1) Check the Specific column option, and click the below drop-down list and specify the column that you will copy rows based on;
(2) Click the Rules box and specify the Values of Column from the drop down list;
3. Click the Ok button.
Then you will see each kind of fruit records are copied to an individual new sheet of a new created workbook as below screen shot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!