How to add/subtract weeks to date in Excel?
In this tutorial, you can get the tricks to add n weeks to date or subtract n weeks from data in Excel.
There are some formulas can help you add or subtract weeks to date in Excel.
Select a blank cell and type this formula =A1+7*2 into it, press Enter key and drag autofill handle over the cells which you need to apply this formula. See screenshots:
1. If you want to subtract weeks from date, you need this formula =A1-7*2.
2. In above formulas, 2 indicates to add or subtract two weeks, you can change it as you need.
If you have Kutools for Excel, congratulation, you never need to remember the formulas any more. Go to the Formula group, you can find the Date & Time helper utility which can solve this job easily.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a blank cell, here is C1, and click Kutools > Formula Helper > Date & Time helper. See screenshot:
2. In the Date & Time helper dialog, check Add or Subtract as you need in the Type section, then choose a date cell you want to use to calculate, then type the number of weeks you need to minuse or add.
3. Click Ok. Then drag auto fill handle over the cells you need. Now the dates have been added 4 weeks. See screenshots:
Subtract weeks, see screenshot:
Tip: If you are in trouble with remembering complex formulas, here the Auto Text tool of Kutools for Excel can save all formulas you used in a pane for you, then, you can reuse them in anywhere anytime, what you only need to do is change the references to match your real need. Click for free download it now.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!