How to add/subtract weeks to date in Excel?
In this tutorial, you can get the tricks to add n weeks to date or subtract n weeks from data in Excel.
Add/subtract weeks to date with formulas
Add/subtract weeks to date with Kutools for Excel
There are some formulas can help you add or subtract weeks to date in Excel.
Select a blank cell and type this formula =A1+7*2 into it, press Enter key and drag autofill handle over the cells which you need to apply this formula. See screenshots:
1. If you want to subtract weeks from date, you need this formula =A1-7*2.
2. In above formulas, 2 indicates to add or subtract two weeks, you can change it as you need.
If you have Kutools for Excel, congratulation, you never need to remember the formulas any more. Go to the Formula group, you can find the Date & Time helper utility which can solve this job easily.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a blank cell, here is C1, and click Kutools > Formula Helper > Date & Time helper. See screenshot:
2. In the Date & Time helper dialog, check Add or Subtract as you need in the Type section, then choose a date cell you want to use to calculate, then type the number of weeks you need to minuse or add.
3. Click Ok. Then drag auto fill handle over the cells you need. Now the dates have been added 4 weeks. See screenshots:
Subtract weeks, see screenshot:
Click here to know more about this utility.
Tip: If you are in trouble with remembering complex formulas, here the Auto Text tool of Kutools for Excel can save all formulas you used in a pane for you, then, you can reuse them in anywhere anytime, what you only need to do is change the references to match your real need. Click for free download it now.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!