How to add/subtract weeks to date in Excel?
In this tutorial, you can get the tricks to add n weeks to date or subtract n weeks from data in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
There are some formulas can help you add or subtract weeks to date in Excel.
Select a blank cell and type this formula =A1+7*2 into it, press Enter key and drag autofill handle over the cells which you need to apply this formula. See screenshots:
1. If you want to subtract weeks from date, you need this formula =A1-7*2.
2. In above formulas, 2 indicates to add or subtract two weeks, you can change it as you need.
If you have Kutools for Excel, congratulation, you never need to remember the formulas any more. Go to the Formulas group, you can find the formula to add weeks to date or subtract weeks from date easily.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select a blank cell, here is C1, and click Kutools > Formula Helper > Add weeks to date. See screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog, select the date cell into Date Time box, and then type the number of weeks you want to add into Number box. See screenshot:
Tip: If you need to subtract some weeks from a date, you can type a negative number into Number textbox, for example subtract 4 weeks from the date in our case, please type -4 into the Number box.
3. Click Ok. Then drag auto fill handle over the cells you need. Now the dates have been added/subtracted 4 weeks. See screenshots:
You can add multiple days, years, or months to a given date with Formula Helper too.
You can use the Kutools for Excel’s AutoText to save the formulas, so that you can find and reuse them easily next time.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Type the formula into a blank cell, and select the formula, see screenshot:
2. Click Kutools > Navigation to disable Navigation pane, then click AutoText > Formula. See screenshot:
3. Then click the New Auto Text button to display the dialog, and type the formula name you want into the Name box. See screenshot:
4. Click Add. Now the formula has been save into the pane.
When you need to apply this formula, you can select the cell and choose this formula from the pane.
With Navigation pane, you can list all open workbooks, all worksheets, find and replace words across sheets and so on.