How to copy a selected range to a new workbook in Excel?
For copying or exporting a selected range to a new workbook, normally, you may copy the range firstly, create a new workbook, and then paste the selected range to that new workbook, finally save this workbook manually. In this tutorial, we will show you time-saving methods of copying a selected range to a new workbook in Excel with details.
1. Select the range you want to copy to new workbook, then click Kutools Plus > Import / Export > Export Range to File.
2. In the Export Range to File dialog box, please do as follows.
2.1) Select the Excel workbook option in the File format section;
2.2) In the Options section, specify options for the workbook as you need;
2.3) Click the button to select a folder for saving the new file;
2.4) Click the OK button. See screenshot:
1. If you want to convert all formulas in selected range to values in the new workbook, please check the Convert formulas to values box in the Workbook options section; and the Preserve formatting, preserve row heights and preserve column widths options can help to keep all formatting, row heights and column widths of selected rang in the new workbook.
2. Check the Open the file after exporting option, the new workbook with the selected range content will open directly after exporting.
3. And then a dialog box pops up, please type in the file name and then click the OK button.
Then the selected range is exported as a new Excel workbook immediately.
If you want to have a free trial ( 30-day) of this utility, please click to download it, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.