- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoHi Syed,
Copying to a new sheet is a good way, if there are no data except the filtered data in the worksheet.
How to reverse (delete) filtered rows in Excel?
In some cases, you have filtered out some data in Excel before, but later you need to reverse the filter and display filtered/hidden data. Any idea to reverse filter quickly? In this article I will share several tricks to get it done easily.
Supposing you have filtered a fruit purchase table, and filtered out the purchase records of apple and orange as below screenshots shown. Here I will take this example to demonstrate how to reverse filters in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
This method will walk you through adding a helper column to reverse filter easily in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Beside filtered range, type Filtered as helper column header, next type Y into below cells as following screenshot shown:
2. Select the new helper column, and click the Filter button twice on the Data tab.
Note: Clicking the Filter for the first time will disable filter in the filtered range, and clicking the Filter button for the second time will enable filter in the selected helper column.
3. Click the Arrow button in the Filter column, only check the (Blanks) option, and click the OK button.
Now the filter is reversed, and hidden rows are shown immediately.
Note: Deleting the helper column will disable the new filter. But you can hide the helper column with right clicking and selecting Hide from the right-clicking menu.
This method is talking about deleting all filtered out rows to reverse filter in a certain range. Please do as follows:
1. Select all filtered out rows except the heading row in the certain range, and then press the Alt + ; keys simultaneously to select only visible rows.
2. Right click these selected rows header, and select the Delete Row from the right-clicking menu.
3. Now all visible rows (except the heading row) are removed but hidden rows have not come out yet. Click the Data > Filter to disable the filter.
Now all hidden rows are displaying as below screenshot shown:
In the third method, I will introduce Kutools for Excel’s Delete Hidden (Visible) Rows & Columns utility to delete filtered out rows and reverse filter easily.
1. Select the certain range without the heading row, and click the Kutools > Delete > Delete Hidden (Visible) Rows & Columns. See below screenshot:
2. In the opening Delete Hidden (Visible) Rows & Columns dialog box, you need to:
(1) Click the Look in drop down list and select In Selected Range;
(2) In the Delete type section, please check the Rows option;
(3) In the Detailed type section, please check the Visible rows option.
3. Click the Ok button.
Then a dialog box will come out and show you how many rows have been deleted. Just click the OK button to close it.
4. Now all visible rows are removed but hidden rows have not come out yet. Please click the Data > Filter to disable the filter.
Now the original filter is reversed, and all filtered/hidden rows are displaying as below screenshot shown:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agocopy all the filtered data and paste in new excel sheet