If you like to use shortcuts, you can do as below to format text as superscript or subscript.
1. Double click at a cell, and then select the text you want to format as superscript or subscript.
2. Then press Ctrl + Shift + F to open the Format Cells dialog, then press Alt + E to format as superscript or Alt + B to format as subscript, or you can check Superscript or Subscript option in Effects section as you need in the popping dialog. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now the select part text has been formatted as superscript or subscript.
Tip: You also can select the part text and click the anchor in Font group under Home tab to open Format Cells dialog.
Format as superscript/subscript with Kutools for Excel
With above method, you only can format one continuous part text in a single cell at once time, but if you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can format any part texts within a cell at once time with the Superscript / Subscript utility.
1. Select the cell you want to format its part text, and click Kutools > Format > Superscript / Subscript. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popping dialog, select one character you want to format as superscript or subscript under Click to select the character you want to format section, and then check the Superscript option or Subscript option as you need. For formatting other characters, please repeat this step.
(1) You can click these arrows to go left or right of the text string.
(2) Check In-cell preview, you can preview the text’s change in the selected cell directly.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.