How to keep first row always visible in Excel?
If you have a long data with multiple columns in a worksheet, and you may want to keep first row always visible when you scroll down to view the data. Here I introduce the quick tricks to freeze the first row which can keep it to be viewed all the time in Excel.
|Kutools for Excel's Remove Spaces utility can remove leading spaces, trailing spaces, excess spaces or all spaces from a range cells.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, you can go to Freeze Panes to freeze first row.
Active the worksheet you want to keep its first row, and then click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Top Row. See screenshot:
Now the first row has been frozen in active worksheet, and it will keep the first row being viewed. See screenshot:
Tip: If you want to cancel the freezing, click View > Freeze Panes > Unfreeze Panes.
If you want to keep all first rows visible across multiple worksheets, you can use Freeze panes multiple worksheets utility of Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Enable the workbook you want to keep 1st row visible across whole workbook, and select Cell A2, and click Enterprise > Worksheet > Freeze panes multiple worksheets. See screenshot:
Then you can see every first row of all worksheets has been frozen.
Tip: To cancel the freezing, click Enterprise > Worksheet > Unfreeze panes multiple worksheets.
|If you are interested in this addi-in, click here to download the 60-days free trial.|