How to copy formulas and paste to other worksheet as text in Excel?
In some cases, you may want to copy formulas and paste them to other worksheet as text for viewing the formulas visually in Excel. In this article, we will introduce you methods to achieve it.
In this section, we will show you how to copy formulas and paste them as text with the help of Notepad.
1. In the worksheet with the formulas you want to copy, press Ctrl + ~ keys simultaneously to display all formulas in cells. Select these cells and then copy them with pressing Ctrl + C keys.
2. Open the Notepad with clicking Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Notepad window, paste the copied formula with pressing Ctrl + V keys. Select these formulas again, and then copy them with pressing Ctrl + C keys in the Notepad window.
4. Select a blank cell in a worksheet you want to paste the formulas, and then click Home > Paste > Use Text Import Wizard. See screenshot:
5. In the popping up Text Import Wizard dialog box, keep Delimited option checked, and click the Next button.
6. In the second wizard, uncheck all Delimiters options, and then click the Next button. See screenshot:
7. In the third dialog box, select the Text option in the Column data format section, and finally click the Finish button.
8. Then all copied formulas are pasted as text in selected cells. Go back to the original sheet, press the Ctrl + ~ keys to close the formula displaying mode.
With Kutools for Excel, you can easily copy formulas and paste them as text in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the cells with formulas you want to paste as text, then click Kutools > Exact Copy.
2. In the popping up Exact Formula Copy dialog box, click the OK button.
3. In another Exact Formula Copy dialog box, select a cell to locate the formulas, and then click the OK button.
4. The formulas are pasted into the selected cells now. Please select these cells and click Kutools > Content > Convert Formula to Text to covert all formulas as texts in selected range. See screenshot:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoWhen I copy the formula into notepad (Excel 2016), notepad (notepad++ is the same) shows the formula result not the formula text. I have the worksheet set as 'Show Formulas'.