How to copy formulas and paste to other worksheet as text in Excel?
In some cases, you may want to copy formulas and paste them to other worksheet as text for viewing the formulas visually in Excel. In this article, we will introduce you methods to achieve it.
In this section, we will show you how to copy formulas and paste them as text with the help of Notepad.
1. In the worksheet with the formulas you want to copy, press Ctrl + ~ keys simultaneously to display all formulas in cells. Select these cells and then copy them with pressing Ctrl + C keys.
2. Open the Notepad with clicking Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Notepad window, paste the copied formula with pressing Ctrl + V keys. Select these formulas again, and then copy them with pressing Ctrl + C keys in the Notepad window.
4. Select a blank cell in a worksheet you want to paste the formulas, and then click Home > Paste > Use Text Import Wizard. See screenshot:
5. In the popping up Text Import Wizard dialog box, keep Delimited option checked, and click the Next button.
6. In the second wizard, uncheck all Delimiters options, and then click the Next button. See screenshot:
7. In the third dialog box, select the Text option in the Column data format section, and finally click the Finish button.
8. Then all copied formulas are pasted as text in selected cells. Go back to the original sheet, press the Ctrl + ~ keys to close the formula displaying mode.
With Kutools for Excel, you can easily copy formulas and paste them as text in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the cells with formulas you want to paste as text, then click Kutools > Exact Copy.
2. In the popping up Exact Formula Copy dialog box, click the OK button.
3. In another Exact Formula Copy dialog box, select a cell to locate the formulas, and then click the OK button.
4. The formulas are pasted into the selected cells now. Please select these cells and click Kutools > Content > Convert Formula to Text to covert all formulas as texts in selected range. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)