How to count the number of populated cells in a range in Excel?
This tutorial will show you methods of counting the number of populated cells in a range in Excel.
You can use formula to count the number of populated cells in a range. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell, type formula =COUNTA(A1:F11) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Note: A1:F11 is the range with the populated cells you want to count, please change them as you need.
Then the number of populated cells is counted and displayed in the selected cell.
With the Select Unblank Cells utility of Kutools for Excel, you can select all populated cells in a range with only one click, and then get the total number of them in the Status Bar.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with populated cells you need to count, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Unblank Cells.
Then all populated cells in specified range are selected immediately, now you can see the total number of populated cells showing in the Status Bar. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!