How to create increment number with or inside text in Excel?
In Excel, the AutoFill Handle feature helps you to fill continuous numbers with a certain increment. But, if you want to create the increment numbers with texts in Excel, the AutoFill Handle will not work. In this vedio, we will show you two methods to create increment numbers with text in Excel.
You can create increment number with text by formula in Excel, please do as follows.
1. Create a worksheet with contents as below screenshot shown:
A. In cell A2, type the text string before the numbers.
B: Column B is the increment number column, in cell B2, type the first increment number, and then fill the below cells with the increment number you need.
C: In cell C2, type other text string after the numbers, in this example, please enter @localdomain.com (you need to format this cell as Text in advance).
2. In cell D2, type the below formula into it and press the Enter key. Select the result cell and then drag the Fill Handle down to the cells you want to get the increment number with text. See screenshot:
1. In the formula, “000” is the number of digits you want to insert between the texts.
2. In the formula, the texts referenced cells should be absolute.
Now you get the increment numbers with or inside texts.
Increment number with text with Kutools for Excel
After installing Kutools for Excel, you can easily create increment number with text in Excel. Please do as follows.
2. In the Insert Sequence Number dialog box, click the New button to expand the dialog box, then you need to:
A: Type a name for this sequence in the Name box.
B: Type the start number in the Start number box.
C: In the Increment box, type the increment number. In this case, the increment number is 1.
D: Enter the number of digits in the No. of digits box. Here we enter number 3.
E: Type the prefix text and the suffix text into the Prefix and Suffix boxes.
F. Click the Add button. See screenshot:
4. Now the sequence is created, please select the cells you want to fill with the increment number with text, and then click the Fill Range button. You can see the increment numbers with text are populated in the selected cells immediately. See screenshot:
Note: Next time when you apply the Insert Sequence Number feature with this created sequence, it will generate sequence numbers followed by the last number you inserted last time.
If you want to have a free trial (30-day) of this utility, please click to download it, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.