How to display / show worksheet tabs vertically on left side of Excel?
As we all known, the worksheet tabs are displayed at the bottom of the workbook, it may be troublesome for most of us to navigate to the specific worksheet if there are multiple worksheets. In this case, are there any good ways to display the worksheet tabs in a vertical arrangement on left side of the Excel to allow more tabs to be visible at one time?
Navigation Pane: List all opened workbooks and worksheets within them on the left side of Excel
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
Normally, in Excel, you can right click the sheet navigation toolbar to navigate to the worksheet that you want. If you are not accustomed to use the right click at the left bottom of the worksheet, here, I can introduce you a simple VBA code to solve it.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Then double-click ThisWorkbook in the Project Explorer pane to open that module window. And then copy and paste the following code into the module:
VBA code: Display worksheet tabs in a vertical arrangement on left side:
Sub ShowSheetLists() Application.CommandBars("Workbook tabs").ShowPopup End Sub
3. Save and close this code, then click Customize Quick Access Toolbar button, and choose More Commands, see screenshot:
4. In the Excel Options dialog box, click Choose commands from drop down arrow to select Macros from list, then click ThisWorkbook.ShowSheetLists option and click Add >> button to add this option into the Customize Quick Access Toolbar, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK button to close the dialog to return to the workbook, and the button is added in the toolbar already. Click it to display a list of sheets, and you can click any sheet name to go to the sheet, see screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its powerful tool-Navigation Pane, you can quickly navigate between the worksheets and opened workbooks.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
Click Kutools > Navigation > Workbook & Sheet button, and all the opened workbooks and the worksheets within the active workbook are listed vertically in the left pane:
(1.) All the opened workbooks are listed into the top list box, you can click one to locate the workbook;
(2.) All the worksheets with the selected workbook are listed below, please click one to go to the sheet.
With this useful utility, you can also list the columns, range names, create and save some common – used formulas, charts, ranges and so on. At the same time, you can find and replace in multiple workbooks and selected worksheets.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoOMG! So much crap to go through just to get the sheet tabs to move to the side or the top. Shame on you Microsoft, for making a simple process so fricken complicated. Makes me want to say, Forget it. I'll keep the stupid tabs at the bottom. Sheesh.