To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoHello, BALARAJ, you mean to add / in the end of every number? If so, using Add text of Kutools for Excel， then add / into the textbox, check after last character option.
How to add period after numbers list in Excel?
Add period after number with formula
Add period after number with Format Cells
Add period after number with Kutools for Excel
Add Text (add character/word to a specific location of each cell in a range.)
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To add period after number, you can use a simple formula.
Select a cell next to the number, and type =A1&"." Into it, and then press Enter key, then drag the autofill handle down to the cells needed this formula.
If you want to add right parentheses to the end of the number cell, use this formula =A1&")".
You also can use Format Cells to format the cell as a custom format.
1. Select the number list, and right click to select Format Cells from context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, click Custom, then type #. Into the Type textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now the periods are added after numbers.
(1) If you want to add right parentheses to end of number, type this #) into the Type textbox.
(2) If there is only 0 in a cell, this method will show 0 as . or ).
(3) If there are not only numbers in the cell as below screenshot shown, the above method cannot work correctly.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Add Text utility to easily add any text in any location of cell.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the numbers, and click Kutools > Text > Add Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Add Text dialog, type period sign into Text box, and check Specify option, then type 1 into the textbox under Specify. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply. Now the periods add added after number
(1) This method can’t add period sign to cells which only contain one character of number, such as 1, 2, etc.
(2) To add right parenthesis after numbers, please type ) into Text box of above dialog.
(3) With Add Text utility, you also can add period before every number of a string. See screenshot:
|If you are interested in this addi-in, download the 60-days free trial.|
|Kutools for Excel's Remove Characters utility can help you remove the characters you don't need, such as remove numeric string, alpha string, non-numeric string and so on.|
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoHI I WANAT CONVERT NUMBER AS EXAMPLE 1006/- HOW TO DO THIS ?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoMicrosoft Office 2019 Mac : Microsoft Office 2019 Mac this version for Mac has a lot of enhancements and features that will allow User microsoft office for mac
Spyhunter 5 Full Crack : Microsoft Office 2019 Mac this version for Mac has a lot of enhancements and features that will allow User microsoft office for mac
Microsoft Office 365 Product Key : Microsoft Office 2019 Mac this version for Mac has a lot of enhancements and features that will allow User microsoft office for mac
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoYou can do that with the cell format (Format/Cells - Number tab / Custom).
Write this in the 'Type' field:
This format works fine with numbers of exactly 3 digits. a zero will be shown in place of missing digits. If your number has more than 3 digits the extra digits will be shown before the first period. Replacing 0 with # will avoid showing zeros in place of missing digits, but there is no way to prevent as many periods from being written as the format holds, regardless of how many digits your number has.
I hope this can meet your requirement.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHOW TO ADD FULL STOP IN MIDDLE OF NUMBER
EX, THE NUMBER IS 33584548, 2589587,58854,6588,8852587,44455005, I NEED FULL STOP 3 NUMBER END BEFORE
33584.548, 2589.587,58.854,6.588,8852.587,44455.005 CAN YOU HELP ME
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHello, you only need to format the cells (format cells > Number tab > Custom) as 0\.000, hope it helps u.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi Sunny,
How about if I need to add a period three characters from the left? Some examples would be K900>K90.0, K8071>K80.71, K50813>K50.813.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIf you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Add Text function to quickly solve it, just need to type . into Text box, and enter 3 into Specify as below screenshot shown.
If you do not have Kutools for Excel， you can try this formula =LEFT(A1,3) & "." & MID(A1,4,100), 3 indicates the place you want to add period, 4 indicates 3+1