How to add period after numbers list in Excel?
Add period after number with formula
Add period after number with Format Cells
Add period after number with Kutools for Excel
Add Text (add character/word to a specific location of each cell in a range.)
To add period after number, you can use a simple formula.
Select a cell next to the number, and type =A1&"." Into it, and then press Enter key, then drag the autofill handle down to the cells needed this formula.
If you want to add right parentheses to the end of the number cell, use this formula =A1&")".
You also can use Format Cells to format the cell as a custom format.
1. Select the number list, and right click to select Format Cells from context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, click Custom, then type #. Into the Type textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now the periods are added after numbers.
(1) If you want to add right parentheses to end of number, type this #) into the Type textbox.
(2) If there is only 0 in a cell, this method will show 0 as . or ).
(3) If there are not only numbers in the cell as below screenshot shown, the above method cannot work correctly.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Add Text utility to easily add any text in any location of cell.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the numbers, and click Kutools > Text > Add Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Add Text dialog, type period sign into Text box, and check Specify option, then type 1 into the textbox under Specify. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply. Now the periods add added after number
(1) This method can’t add period sign to cells which only contain one character of number, such as 1, 2, etc.
(2) To add right parenthesis after numbers, please type ) into Text box of above dialog.
(3) With Add Text utility, you also can add period before every number of a string. See screenshot:
|If you are interested in this addi-in, download the 60-days free trial.|
|Kutools for Excel's Remove Characters utility can help you remove the characters you don't need, such as remove numeric string, alpha string, non-numeric string and so on.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!