How to find broken links in Excel?
Let’s say you have referred/linked cells to other workbooks before, but these workbooks are moved or deleted later. As a result, these references or links are broken now. The problem is to find out these broken links/references, but how? This article will describe two solutions to get it done easily.
If broken links are caused by a certain deleted or moved workbook, and you know the workbook’s name, you can find all broken links caused by this workbook with Find and Replace feature.
1. Press the Ctrl + F keys simultaneously to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
Note: You can also click the Home > Find & Select > Find to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the opening Find and Replace dialog box, type the workbook name with extension and enclose them with brackets In the Find what box, and then select Workbook from the Within drop down list. See screenshot:
Note: If you can’t find out the Within drop down list, please click the Options button to expand the searching options.
3. Click the Find All button.
Then you will see all cells link to this workbook are found out and listed at the bottom of the Find and Replace dialog box.
Note: This method can only find out broken links caused by this specified workbook at a time. If broken links are caused by other workbooks, you have to repeat this method.
Actually, Kutools for Excel’s Find and Break Broken Links utility can help you quickly find out all broken links in active worksheet, and break these broken links easily.
1. Shift to the worksheet where you will find and break the broken links, and click the Kutools > Link > Find and Break Broken Links.
2. In the opening Find and Break Broken Links dialog box, select the <All broken links> from the Filter drop down list.
Then you will see all broken links in active worksheet are listing in the dialog box.
3. Click the Break Link button to break these broken links.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!