How to easily convert between multiple energy units in Excel?
Have you ever suffered with many energy units’ conversion? When you want to convert an energy unit such as calorie to another energy unit, such as BTU, you need to go to search the convert rate online, then remember the rate and use formula to convert the data in Excel. However, if you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the powerful Unit Conversion utility to quickly convert between multiple energy units in Excel.
For example, I have a list of data in calorie unit, and now I want to convert them to BTU unit.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.
1. Select the data you want to convert to another unit, and click Kutools > Content > Unit Conversion. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Unit Conversion dialog, select Energy from the Units drop down list, and then select Calorie(IT) (the original unit) from left list, then select BTU (the unit you want to convert to) from right list, and you can view the results from Preview pane. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok ore Apply, now the calorie data has been converted to BTU.
Tip: If check Add results as comment option in the Unit Conversion dialog, and the converted results will be displayed as comments. See screenshot:
In some times, you want to convert watt-hour to horsepower- hour in Excel, and the Unit Conversion of Kutools for Excel can also help you solve it easily.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data you want to convert to horsepower-hour unit, click Kutools > Content > Unit Conversion. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Unit Conversion dialog, check Energy from Units drop down list, and select Watt-hour and Horsepower-hour form two lists. See screenshot:
3. Then click Ok or Apply.
If you check Add results as comment, the original data will be kept, and the converted results will be shown as comments.
With Kutools for Excel’s Unit Conversion, you can convert between multiple time units, angle units, force units, mass units and so on.
And also, you can use Currency Conversion if you have Kutools for Excel installed to convert between multiple currencies.
- How to quickly convert pounds to ounces/grams/kg in Excel?
- How to quickly convert cells between hectares and acres in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!