How to remove quote marks around text from cell in Excel?
For removing quote marks around texts from selected cells, this article provides you two methods to achieve it.
Supposing you have a list of date with quote marks around as below screenshot shown. You can remove these quote marks from cells with the Excel build in Find and Replace function. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range with quote marks you want to remove. Click Find & Select > Find under Home tab to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
Note: You can also press the Ctrl + F keys simultaneously to open this Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog box, click the Replace tab, enter a quote mark “ into the Find what box, and keep the Replace with box blank, then click the Replace All button. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button in the following popping up dialog box.
Then you can see all quote marks around texts in selected range are removed immediately.
With the Remove Characters utility of Kutools for Excel, you can easily remove all quote marks in selected range in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with quote marks you want to remove, and then click Kutools > Text > Remove Characters. See screenshot:
2. In the Remove Characters dialog box, check the Custom box, enter a quote mark into the following box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then the quote marks are removed from the selected range immediately.
Note: For removing single quote from cells, please just enter a single quote ‘ into the Custom box.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!