How to remove unwanted text from cell in Excel?
As below screenshot shown, you just need to keep the email addresses but remove the rest of unwanted texts from cells.What can you do to achieve it? In this article, you will learn methods of removing unwanted text from cells in details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The Text to Column function can help you separate cells by a specified separator, and finally get your desired text after separating. Please do as follows.
1. Select range with cells you want to remove unwanted text, and then click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the first Convert Text to Columns Wizard, select Delimited option, and then click the Next button.
3. In the second wizard, check a Delimiters box (here I check the Space box as the texts are separated by spaces in cells), and then click the Next button.
Note: If the texts are separated by other delimiters, please check the Other box, and then type the separator into the following box.
4. In the third wizard, select a destination cell to put the separated contents and then click the Finish button.
Then you will get the email addresses populating in certain cells.
For only getting the email addresses from cells, you can use the Extract Email Address utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can easily extract only the email address from cell.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the cells you want to keep only the email addresses, and then click Kutools > Text > Extract Email Address. See screenshot:
2. In the popping up Extract Email Address dialog box, select a blank cell for locating the email address, and then click the OK button.
Now the email addresses are extracted from cells immediately.
The Split Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can easily help you get the certain text by splitting cell contents into multiple cells with certain separator.