How to remove unwanted text from cell in Excel?
As below screenshot shown, you just need to keep the email addresses but remove the rest of unwanted texts from cells.What can you do to achieve it? In this article, you will learn methods of removing unwanted text from cells in details.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
The Text to Column function can help you separate cells by a specified separator, and finally get your desired text after separating. Please do as follows.
1. Select range with cells you want to remove unwanted text, and then click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the first Convert Text to Columns Wizard, select Delimited option, and then click the Next button.
3. In the second wizard, check a Delimiters box (here I check the Space box as the texts are separated by spaces in cells), and then click the Next button.
Note: If the texts are separated by other delimiters, please check the Other box, and then type the separator into the following box.
4. In the third wizard, select a destination cell to put the separated contents and then click the Finish button.
Then you will get the email addresses populating in certain cells.
For only getting the email addresses from cells, you can use the Extract Email Address utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can easily extract only the email address from cell.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the cells you want to keep only the email addresses, and then click Kutools > Text > Extract Email Address. See screenshot:
2. In the popping up Extract Email Address dialog box, select a blank cell for locating the email address, and then click the OK button.
Now the email addresses are extracted from cells immediately.
The Split Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can easily help you get the certain text by splitting cell contents into multiple cells with certain separator.