How to remove unwanted text from cell in Excel?
As below screenshot shown, you just need to keep the email addresses but remove the rest of unwanted texts from cells.What can you do to achieve it? In this article, you will learn methods of removing unwanted text from cells in details.
The Text to Column function can help you separate cells by a specified separator, and finally get your desired text after separating. Please do as follows.
1. Select range with cells you want to remove unwanted text, and then click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the first Convert Text to Columns Wizard, select Delimited option, and then click the Next button.
3. In the second wizard, check a Delimiters box (here I check the Space box as the texts are separated by spaces in cells), and then click the Next button.
Note: If the texts are separated by other delimiters, please check the Other box, and then type the separator into the following box.
4. In the third wizard, select a destination cell to put the separated contents and then click the Finish button.
Then you will get the email addresses populating in certain cells.
For only getting the email addresses from cells, you can use the Extract Email Address utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can easily extract only the email address from cell.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the cells you want to keep only the email addresses, and then click Kutools > Text > Extract Email Address. See screenshot:
2. In the popping up Extract Email Address dialog box, select a blank cell for locating the email address, and then click the OK button.
Now the email addresses are extracted from cells immediately.
The Split Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can easily help you get the certain text by splitting cell contents into multiple cells with certain separator.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!