How to save custom cell format in Excel?
Here, for instance, you have formatted a cell with some special formats, and now you want to save this custom cell format so that you can quickly apply this cell format to the cells in other worksheets or workbooks later. Now I introduce some tricks for you to save a custom cell or range format in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
For example, you have formatted a cell as below screenshot, now you want to save this custom cell format.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance working efficiency and save working time.|
In Excel, to save a custom cell format, you only can save the workbook of the custom cell as a new workbook, then open this workbook when you need to apply this custom cell format.
After setting the custom cell, click File or Office button > Save As, and in the popping Save As dialog, select a folder to save the new workbook and type CustomCellFormat in File name textbox. And click Save. See screenshot:
Now the custom cell format has been saved in the specified workbook, when you need to apply it, just open the workbook and copy the custom cell and paste the formatting only.
With above method, you need to find and open the workbook which contains the custom cell format, which is too tedious. Here I can introduce an interesting utility – Auto Text of Kutools for Excel, which can save the custom cell or range format as an auto text, and you can apply the cell format in any cells of any workbooks.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. After cell format setting, click Kutools > Insert > AutoText. See screenshot:
2. Then the Auto Text pane appears in the left of worksheet, and select the cell with custom format and click the plus button to show the New AutoText dialog, and type a name for this custom cell format, and select Ranges from the Group drop down list. See screenshot:
3. Click Add, and now the selected cell format has been added as auto text.
When you need to apply this cell format, you just need to select the cells which you want to apply this format, and click Kutools > Insert > Auto Text, then select the custom cell, now you can see the cells are applied with the same format as the custom cell.
Tip: If your cells have been filled by contents already, the contents will be replaced with the custom cell’s content, so please apply the cell format before type the cell contents.
With Auto Text pane, you can add usually used pictures, formulas, charts to the Auto Text pane, then insert them in anytime and anywhere as you want.