How to convert date from dot to slash format in Excel?
For example, you have a list of date which formatted as 12.23.2014, now, you want to convert this date format to 12/23/2014 slash format. In Excel, how could you convert date from dot to slash format quickly and easily?
In Excel, the normal date format may not help you to convert the dot date to slash date format, but, you can apply the following simple formula to solve it.
1. Please enter this formula: =SUBSTITUTE(A2,".","/") into a blank cell besides your date, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to contain this formula, and the dot date has been converted to the slash date format, see screenshot:
If you want to auto convert the date form dot to slash format directly when you type the date, the following VBA code may help you, please do as follows:
1. Activate the worksheet that you want to use.
2. Then right click the active tab name, and choose View Code, see screenshot:
3. In the opened Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please copy and paste the following code into it.
VBA code: Automatically convert date from dot to slash format:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'updateby Extendoffice On Error Resume Next Application.EnableEvents = False If Not (Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing) Then Target.Value = Replace(Target.Value, ".", "/") End If Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub
4. Then save this code and close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, after that, when you enter a date format as 09.23.2015 in the range A1:A10 of current sheet, after pressing the Enter key, the date will be converted as 9/23/2015 at once.
Note: In the above code, A1:A10 is the range of cells which can be take effect by applying this code, you can change the cell reference to your need.
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Convert to Date utility, you can convert various non-standard date to the normal date formatting including the dot format.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the cells that you want to convert to slash date formatting.
2. Click Kutools > Content > Convert to Date, see screenshot:
3. And the dot date format have been converted to the normal slash date format immediately, see screenshot:
Note: You can highlight all the records in the Convert to Date dialog box, and click Recover to cancel this operation to return to the original dot date format as following screenshot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!