How to convert date from dot to slash format in Excel?
For example, you have a list of date which formatted as 12.23.2014, now, you want to convert this date format to 12/23/2014 slash format. In Excel, how could you convert date from dot to slash format quickly and easily?
Convert date from dot to slash format with formula
Automatically convert date from dot to slash format when you type the date with VBA code
Convert multiple date from dot to slash format with Kutools for Excel
In Excel, the normal date format may not help you to convert the dot date to slash date format, but, you can apply the following simple formula to solve it.
1. Please enter this formula: =SUBSTITUTE(A2,".","/") into a blank cell besides your date, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to contain this formula, and the dot date has been converted to the slash date format, see screenshot:
Convert various non-standard date format to real date format with only one click
If you have multiple non-standard date format, such as yyyymmdd format, the normal Format Cells feature in Excel will not work well for you. With Kutools for Excel’s Convert to Date utility, you can quickly convert various non-standard dates to your locale date formats. Click to download Kutools for Excel!
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
If you want to auto convert the date form dot to slash format directly when you type the date, the following VBA code may help you, please do as follows:
1. Activate the worksheet that you want to use.
2. Then right click the active tab name, and choose View Code, see screenshot:
3. In the opened Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please copy and paste the following code into it.
VBA code: Automatically convert date from dot to slash format:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
On Error Resume Next
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not (Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing) Then
Target.Value = Replace(Target.Value, ".", "/")
Application.EnableEvents = True
4. Then save this code and close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, after that, when you enter a date format as 09.23.2015 in the range A1:A10 of current sheet, after pressing the Enter key, the date will be converted as 9/23/2015 at once.
Note: In the above code, A1:A10 is the range of cells which can be take effect by applying this code, you can change the cell reference to your need.
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Convert to Date utility, you can convert various non-standard date to the normal date formatting including the dot format.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the cells that you want to convert to slash date formatting.
2. Click Kutools > Content > Convert to Date, see screenshot:
3. And the dot date format have been converted to the normal slash date format immediately, see screenshot:
Note: You can highlight all the records in the Convert to Date dialog box, and click Recover to cancel this operation to return to the original dot date format as following screenshot shown:
Click to know more about this Convert to Date utility…
Download and free trial Kutools for Excel Now !
How to convert yyyymmdd to normal date format in Excel?
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!